[RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat Device Handler - Honeywell, GoControl, CT, Linear, Trane, MCO, Remotec

Actually no. I was thinking of going to rboy version of 5-2 day thermostat app but instead I have decide to try the enhanced z-wave plus thermo app. Installed the device handler already. Question is how to I switch over from CT100 handler to enhanced.

See this page starting step 10 on how to switch device handlers (assuming you’ve installed the published the code):

Thanks. That is the part I was looking for confirmation on.

I am using the Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat V4.05.00 for heat only (baseboard gas boiler) on 3 separate CT-101 thermostats. I have upgraded from free 5-2 day thermostat and kept using the schedules I have originally created using the 5-2 day thermostat app, even after I have upgraded to Enhanced z-Wave device handler. I have no problems with the functionality where 3 separate schedules working on 3 thermostats without issues. Couple of questions.

• Is it OK to use the schedules created when 5-2 day thermostat under Enhanced Z-wave device handler or should I be using different means for my schedules under Enhanced Z.

• The question of the thermostat “HOLD” function in this scenario. I have previously asked this question and given the answer of “uncheck the schedule” in thermostat configuration so that it stays at the current temperature by means of disconnecting the schedule from the thermostat. However, from what I see this does not work. If I remove the checkbox for a given thermostat from a schedule, if that was the only thermostat in the schedule it refuses to save the schedule as it requires a minimum of one thermostat to associate with. What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 04.06.00

• Added support for more thermostats/models
  • Improved support for new ST app UI (including Humidity)

NOTE: If you’ve already paired the thermostat, follow these steps force the UI changes to show up in the new ST app AFTER updating the DTH:

Exclude and re-pair the thermostat

OR

• Open the IDE → My Devices → Click on your thermostat
  • Scroll down and click Edit
  • Under Type * select any other DTH (it doesn’t matter)
  • Scroll down and click on Update
  • Scroll down and click on Edit
  • Under Type * select Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting (at the bottom of the list)
  • Scroll down and click on Update
  • On your mobile phone, force terminate the new ST app and restart it

Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 04.06.04

• Improved support for Trane, MCO and GoControl thermostats
  • Option to enable discovery of multi stage/aux heating for non CT/ZTS thermostats
  • Improve UI response time

Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 04.06.05

• Update for bug in platform causing the day of week to be set incorrectly for some thermostats. Improved logging if firmware with DOW bug is detected

@maddie @RBoy

It appears there’s a duplicate section at the end of the code - and also duplicate ‘end of file’ lines too. I deleted the duplicate code and it seems to have saved OK. I haven’t published it yet though.

Update: Code has been corrected! Thanks @RBoy

1 Like

Corrected, thanks for reporting it.

1 Like

Thanks for taking care of this. It’s working fine now.

I am using the latest device handler for the CT100 - v4.06.05.
The Partial lock features acts as a full lock. Partial lock only allows temperature adjustments, whereas full lock doesn’t allow any interaction with the wall unit.

Can you look into that?

YR

Hi

I just upgraded to the latest device handler. Now there seems to be two issues that have cropped up

1. it becomes unavailable periodically
  2. When I change the settings on the thermostat, it reflects in the app, but when I change things in the app, it does NOT reflect on the thermostat. As a result, none of my automation are working either.

Kindly help.
SG

Both point to a mesh communication or pairing issue with your thermostat. 1st case the platform marks the device offline when it didn’t receive a response from the thermostat when it sends a ping request. Second is a common issue, hit the reset button or re-pair your thermostat. See this post:

Thank you 
 That worked. Now I have a problem with the motion thermostat temp control - where the setheatingsetpoint command is being sent but not revived or executed by the thermostat. Not sure it is related to the earlier issue, or should I post it that forum.

Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 04.06.08

• Improved support for new ST app
  • Support more thermostat models
1 Like

I have the Honeywell T6. Is there no way to set a max or min temp setting? I want to allow guests to put the programming on hold but prevent excessive temperature settings. Using the 5-2 app.

Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 04.07.00

• Added support for Honeywell T6 Pro ( TH6320ZW2003) thermostat settings
    • Maximum heat and Minimum cool setpoints
    • Enable/disable auto changeover (heat/cool)
    • Auto changeover temperature differenatial
    • Temperate calibration (offset)
  • Added support for GoControl TBZ48 and TBZ48L thermostat settings
    • Maximum heat and minimum cool setpoints
    • Temperature calibration (offset)
    • Filter reset reminders (interactive UI available in ST Classic app)

Hello,
I am still having issues with icons now showing right in classic app. It is the fan, heat up and down, and cool up and down, the mode selection, and refresh icons. Any suggestions?

That’s a known bug with the latest 2.18 ST Android Classic app update. ST is aware of the bug however report it directly to support@smartthings.com so they can prioritize fixing it.

Meanwhile you can try to downgrade to 2.17 of the ST Android Classic mobile app and you’ll see the icons again or you can use the new ST app.

Link to APK posted here:

Done and Done, thank you!

1 Like