[RELEASE] Elk M1 Alarm Interface

It’s now on the same link as I sent you before.
Cheers

Hi @cjcharles, could I please get the latest firmware as well. I was part of the original beta testers.

@cjcharles, Could I please get a copy. My device has entered a boot error and can no longer use my elk m1 integration.

@cjcharles This is the issue my device is seeing:
*WM: AutoConnect
*WM: Connecting as wifi client…
*WM: Using last saved values, should be faster
*WM: Connection result:
*WM: 3
*WM: IP Address:
*WM:
WiFi Server Started
Starting SSDP
Connected to Alarm

Panic as:1073679440

Never seen that error before, have you changed where it is plugged in? Can only think it would be related to hardware failure or voltage fluctuations from dodgy power supply, especially if it does that in a loop and has only just started doing it.
I expect you are on very old firmware so dont think I can help much more without changing firmware but will drop you a message.

About a week ago, I stopped getting some of my automated notifications from Elk zone changes. Looking deeper today, it appears that I am only getting part of my zone changes. In live logging, I will see a door contact closed record, but not the open record. The same is true with my motion zones. Sometimes they will work, and shop both the Open and Closed records, but more often than not, the will not.

Any thoughts on where to start troubleshooting with this? I’ve rebooted both teh XEP and the MCU.

Thanks

Restart your ST hub, sometimes it does this, no idea what triggers it but sometimes it just stops listening to all LAN messages (not just this device but also lights and things). Pretty sure it will start working properly again ( I’ve noticed it happen twice in 12months for me)

Hi, is there a way to reset the config on the device? I may have forgotten the password I set or it isn’t working.
Thanks

@smcdonal1
I believe if you power it on for 1-2 seconds, and then off again (time doesnt matter here), and repeat this 5 times then it should wipe its configuration. The timing is fairly important so suggest repeating ~10 times and you should have success.

Suggest leaving the UI Password disabled for most people given WiFi security is much stronger anyway, and it blocks some controls from SmartThings.

Hi
I received your device. I was able to set it up so that I can turn the alarm on and off and get all my 32 zones listed on the web portal.

I have added the device handler to my smart things and added the elk alarm as a device using the device handler. Also edited the device handlers zones to include the 32 zones.

However, using the phone SmartThings app I can see the elk alarm device but it keeps checking for connection it seems. I have updated the IP address to the MX on the app as well. The web portal is not showing option to add child zones. Nothing is happening on the SmartThings side essentially. I have rebooted the system as well.

Would really appreciate any guidance as I can get smart things integration although the web portal is letting me turn elk on and off.

Just in case I somehow posted the device with an old firmware version, what date does it show in the settings page of the nodemcu?

If you have an option in the nodemcu web interface, to create child devices then it is probably recent enough, do you see this? Have you added the right ip address in the ST device handler and using the Mac address as the device network ID in ST?

there is no date in the configure settings; its just showing the st ip and the mx ip with alarm password.

no option to create child devices; see attached as what is avialable;

the ip address is added to the setting of “elk alarm” device created that is using the mac address for ID; i did not see a place to add IP to the device handler [as this was just modified to include all the zones as you recommended];
Capture.1JPG

any thoughts?
can you send me the most recent firmware as i can’t figure out what firmware this is [nothing in the configure settings]
thnx

The ‘Get saved details’ link would show you firmware date, but that definitely looks like an old version given the lack of a new section. It must have not fully updated when I plugged it in before sending. I’ll send you a link to the latest firmware which should unlock the remaining steps.

Working now. It was the firmware.

Thank you

Hi; having issues w response time; after reboot, the web interface shows status and arming works; disarming sometimes immediately responds, sometimes takes 30 seconds and sometimes does not work; if i wait 5 to 10 minutes, the system lets me arm/disarm one time again but then becomes unresponsive for some time; any suggestions?
thnx
K

Whenever Ive had slow response times in the past, I found it was the ST hub which had crashed or was misbehaving. I found that restarting ST Hub fixed everything (and potentially restarting the ESP afterwards, though not normally needed).

If youre saying the ESP webpage becomes slow to load then I think its most likely the WiFi signal has probably changed…

Hi Chris. This looks like awesome work. I just checked your github and am seeing instructions for the elk M1 project, but no code. I have the M1EXP and would like to see if I can get this working with a Wemos d1 mini instead of a Node MCU as I have a couple of unused ones.

Could you please help point me in the right direction for getting started?

Thanks,
Cam

I created this integration as a paid integration originally as it sunk a lot of my time and I wasnt a user of Elk alarms personally. Admittedly a lot of time has since passed but I know several people are still using it, and buying a device off my website is not useful if you already have a chip to program locally (it will work fine on a D1mini). Maybe you could make a £10 contribution to a beer fund and I’ll send you all the code/binaries to flash alongside some instructions?
Hope that sounds fair on other people who contributed to get it setup and working?