[RELEASE CANDIDATE] CoRE (Community's own Rule Engine)

What version are you on? Can you please make sure you’re on latest? Thank you.

@ady624 - when saving an attribute to variable for a dimmer, what to pick for Aggregation?

If it’s only one device you are reading from, it does not really matter. First, Max, Avg… all do the same on a list with one value

1 Like

On the IDE, if you go into your location, is anything missing? Such as ZIP Code or Time Zone? I had a weird issue where TimeZone was null. Believe it could be similar.

Pinging @vlad, he was able to help me on that issue.

def version() { return “v0.3.160.20161014” } - latest version.

Does the “Using location…Execute piston” feature work? Every time I try and set the piston to execute I get the red banner “Sorry, but there was an unexpected error…” I’m using Android, Core ver 0.3.15f.20161004. Also, I can’t remove that action now. It just says “Not set”

Thanks

It does work. Try upgrading to the latest version v0.3.160.20161014

1 Like

Updated… still no joy. Now I get the red banner “can’t refresh page” when I click on execute piston.

Have you tried clicking on ‘rebuild piston’?

Yes… and I’ve tried creating a new one.

I’m out of ideas. I just tried to create one from scratch and it worked. How many pistons do you have set up, all of them working?

IF
● sim Button1 switch changes to on
THEN...
Using location...
► Execute piston 'Do - Text Speaker'

Are you on Android? I’ll try another device when I get home later today.

Android, yes.

When you get the error message, just hit back and see if it took the piston name in the summary. If it did you should be ok.

1 Like

The list of available pistons never shows up.

How long until you get the error? Can you look at the logging in the IDE and see if you are getting the 20 second timeout?

It’s actually working now… I had to go in and back out of the troubled piston a few times. On the 3 or 4the try it showed the next steps after execute piston was clicked. Maybe it just took a while for the update to take effect? Strange, but it seems to be working now.

Thanks for the help.

It could be related to the platform issues that are going on right now. I’ve been having trouble rebuilding pistons. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. When it doesn’t there is a timeout log in the IDE.

After debugging for a while, I think I understand the problem.

I have 2 pistons for mode selection and mode away. The mode selection changes the mode based on time of day and then the mode away piston changes the mode from day mode to day mode away based on a presence switch. The issue happens when we leave during morning mode , which becomes morning mode away when we leave and then the trigger happens to change to day mode, the Mode Away piston doesn’t re-fire. It seems that the piston restrictions act like triggers and prevent the piston from firing until the next presence switch state change

Is there a way to force the piston to be re-evaluated?

If you want I can send you the setup on my system for mode changes.

I use a combination of ST routines and CoRE pistons. It is also capable is checking that the system is in the right mode and if not it attempts to set the correct mode. I’m using 8 modes in mine. If I leave in one mode it sets to away and if I arrive in another mode it resets to the correct mode upon arrival.