[RELEASE] Amcrest IPM-721 & IP2M-841 LIVE Video/PTZ/Night Vision/Motion/Video Record/+More IP Camera DTH

I’m having issues with getting live video from my camera (a IP2M-841B). I’ve tried following the directions at the beginning of the post, but no luck. I’ve tried using the specific port I am using for the camera (39004), and have also tried port 80 as well, and still no luck. I have the following screenshots from the SmartThings app as well as the Amcrest camera. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

adsf

Read back a few posts from here and read up on the myriad of posts about turning on live logging, firmware version, Basic vs. Digest Authentication, etc.

Thank you David. I am perusing the previous posts - is there a specific one I should be looking at? I tried using the Blue Iris software to tweak the camera and get URL’s to access. Still no luck. I am using Basic Authentication (same as what I use to log into each individual camera. I am seeing the streams through Blue Iris, but no luck through the SmartThings App.

Hi,

I have this 721s camera and the firmware is Version 2.420.AC00.17.R, Build Date: 2017-03-22.

I know it won’t function properly. But somehow the live stream is working when I am on home LAN. but it doesn’t work when I am out of home even with VPN enabled.

Can someone please tell me why? Is it possible to get it (only live stream) working?

Thanks

Silly question, I’ve read through a majority of the thread - it’s long - but seeing if someone can assist. I bought a bullet one from Amcrest, not expecting it to work with this. Wife didn’t like that it didn’t have audio, so we tried Blink Cameras. That audio works well as long as in house, but via cellular - no bueno. we have OpenMesh APs all over, wifi is good and strong, plus most devices are hard-wired.

I’m looking at these two, IP2M-841EB or IP3M-941B, same type as the obviously compatible IP2M-841. Will this device handler work, or is it that specific to the IP2M-841? I want a higher-end POE Audio camera that hopefully works seemlessly with ST!

Really hoping I can use the more expensive/better/faster/blahblahblah version. :slight_smile: Thank you to all who read and reply!

Bonus question, does VPN via RT-AC88U cause that delay vs. simple DDNS? I would imagine a slight overheard, but not enough to make streaming audio via 4G 4bars useless.

Bonus answer - Going through a VPN is always going to introduce some delay into a realtime audio/video stream, but the increase in security, in my opinion, outweighs the delay. To me, it is very much usable.

1 Like

I’ve upgraded to the next version of firmware (V2.520.AC00.18.R 6/29/17) and still unable to get the DTH to work within SmartThings. I’m hoping that at some point this gets updated to a state that works. I love the camera, but really want to integrate it.

Does this help at all? Someone else seems to have the same issue with these cams

1 Like

I’ve skimmed through this topic, but not sure… is this camera and DH working currently? They are on sale for $68 at Amazon…
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0145OQXCK/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Not really, as the solution in the provided link is to use the built-in Digest Authentication support in the Python setup they are running. We do not have Python scripting. We have whatever Groovy functionality ST provides to us in a “sandbox”.

As I have said before, we need Digest Authentication support to be provided by ST, IMHO.

I have two of these cameras working with the DTH. However, there are some issues using this DTH with the newer firmwares. I’m running the 3/21/2017 firmware which does not work well with the DTH. What works is that you can view the video feed from the cameras. Other features supported by the DTH don’t work like taking a picture and moving the camera around. I would recommend not updating the firmware if you do get the camera and want to utilize any of the extra features of the DTH.

Can anyone tell me how to get a live stream in actiontiles from my amcrest? I have it working in the smartthings app, but when add a tile in actiontiles i only have a snapshot option, not a live streaming option, maybe this is not supported?

hi. did you find a fix?

Will this work for Amcrest IPM-HX1B? I can’t seem to get it to work…

https://amcrest.com/amcrest-hex-960p-wifi-video-security-ip-camera-pt.html

1 Like

Hi there. This seems a popular thread.
Im gutted i updated my firmware with these cameras before hearing about smartthings.

What are the chances of having this working at all with newest firmware?
Thanks

I too would like to know if the IPM-HX1 model will work with ST Hub?

Thank you

Same comment as the other models: If it uses an updated firmware that requires Digest Authentication instead of allowing Basic Authentication then no, it will not work with full functionality.

You can try to confirm Basic Authentication by passing the username & password in a browser URL.

Were you able to fix the problem? I’m suffering the same issue. I can move the camera but cannot see the video.

Were you able to solve this issue? I have the same problem