[RELEASE] 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat Scheduler (Weekday, Weekend) with Remote Temperature Sensor for each Schedule

I had the idea that maybe it was because I was using the same device to read the outside temperature and there may not be any distinguishing between temperature and outsideTemperature. So I created a virtual temp sensor and a webCoRe piston to set the virtual temp sensor to the outsideTemperature value of this DTH.

Even using a separate temp sensor for the outside thresholds, that I can confirm is reading -9 degrees, it still won’t switch between heat and cool mode and in auto it is still sending both setHeatingSetpoint and setCoolingSetpoint commands back to back.

Note: This is on a clean install of the app as well. I deleted and re-installed to do this test.

If you can replicate the issue with the stock ST/compliant thermostat DTH we can look into it. We don’t see any issues with the standard/compliant DTH’s. As I mentioned above, when the DTH reports Auto mode the app will send both heat and cool setpoints (if defined in the app). Your issue appear to be arising from the custom DTH.

To my knowledge this custom DTH is the only way to integrate the Daikin WiFi module into smartthings.

If the app is designed to send both heat and cool setpoints, then it is functioning as designed. My issue is definitely in the DTH which seems to be listening to both when in auto mode. So it sets to 20 degrees and then 23 degrees.

Hi,

my CT200 thermostat is making a long beep sound when the program changes the setpoint.
This started recently.
I don’t think it is related to tha device handler or the smartapp, but since there are other users of the thermostat on this thread, I would like to ask:
is there a configuration that would make this sound ? and how to disable it ?

thanks.

If I have missed this somewhere I apologize, but I can’t really seem to find what the “circulate” setting does on the fan setting. Is there a FAQ I missed somewhere that explains the basic settings? I get most things here are self explanatory…

The Circulate fan mode is a special fan mode that is used by some HVAC systems which when enabled circulates the air. The fan turns on and then off after a set period of time and the cycle repeats itself so that the air is circulated periodically, but the fan isn’t running 24x7. Some systems also require this for internal operations to keep the coolant moving.
You should use this fan setting only if your thermostat supports/requires that feature. If not you can take a look at this app to replicate the feature.

Ilker, If the beeping started recently it could mean that the battery is low

Thank you for submitting the updates for the Daikin DTH. I’ve manually applied the update to the code and it’s no longer putting the device into full fan mode.

I’ve switched to using the ultimate modes app only and have a piston automatically setting the location modes based on time of day. Instead of starting over in the other thread, I figured I’d post again here.

I’m still getting random heatsetpoints to 8 degrees followed by setting it to the proper temp that I have stored in the app settings.

In all the modes I have programmed, I don’t use 8 degrees anywhere for anything.

1 Like

You’re welcome and a couple of things to note.
While I submitted a patch to fix the fan mode issue for the DTH, it still isn’t completely compliant with the ST standard (e.g. it reports a dry mode or fan mode which doesn’t exist in ST).
The above screenshot doesn’t appear to this 5-2 day thermostat app but the Ultimate Modes Based Thermostat app. That works differently from this app and it appears to be doing what it should, sending the heat and cool setpoints when the DTH is reporting the mode as Auto. (8C the minimum heating setpoint which is set under various conditions like if a door/window sensor is detected as open, there’s a remote sensor etc).

@MRobi,

I made the conscious decision to not follow the thermostat standard for Auto mode as it would have required emulating a lot of the automatic function of the A/C and is not how split systems really work.

The “Air-Conditioner” ST device type is a much better fit as it supports Dry and Fan modes but I’m not sure if it is available yet and will also break any compatibility with thermostat-based automations anyway.

In Smartthings, Auto mode will essentially set lower and upper temperature limits, and attempt to either cool or heat to remain within that zone.

For Auto mode, the Daikin A/C expects input of just a single temperature and it will will cool or heat to keep it exactly at the degrees (-/+ ~1c). So unfortunately having auto mode as per the ST specifications doesn’t work very well as the Daikin A/C will only accept a “target” temperature and does not know the concept of cool/heat set-points.

As your outside temperature is so low, could you try just using heat mode and setting it to your desired temperature? As it is unlikely cool would ever come in to play :grin:

I am interested in implementing 3 separate CT100 (the 40 dollars version IRIS variety from Amazon without the IRIS controller) thermostats and utilize the scheduler app. All 3 will have their own unique schedules so I am not looking to maintain all three to be in sync at all times. Does the free or the premium app support multiple thermostats, namely CT100 units connected to the same ST hub and allow them to maintain their 3 separate schedules?
Thanks.

It can work both ways.
If you select multiple thermostats in a single instance of the app, then it applies the configured schedule to all the selected thermostats.
On the other hand, you can install the app separately for each thermostat and have independent schedules for each thermostat.

In exploring its full potential, taking it one step ahead, if configured correctly using Modes, you can even run it along side other thermostat apps like the Ultimate Modes Based Thermostat and Motion Sensor Based Thermostat on the same thermostat.

Thanks for your reply but can you clarify if the multi thermo. support exist both free and premium versions. And can you provide some idea what the advantage of using the premium edition over the free app.

Then free (basic) version has support multiple thermostats. It has a basic 5-2 day schedule with heat and cooling settings.

The premium version has many advanced features like optional setpoints for each schedule, battery saver features, changing fan settings, remote temperate sensors, decimal setpoints, shutting off the HVAC when Door/windows are left open and many more things. You can see a snapshot here:

I just got my subscription to rboyapps and about to install the premium version of the 5-2 day programmable thermostat. Just a couple of questions.

1. My CT101 thermostats are getting detected as CT100 by ST. Is that OK to support the CT101?
  2. Do I need to do a full uninstall of the free 5-2 app before install the premium and lose all my settings?
  3. How do I do HOLD on thermo where it doesn’t get overwrite my change when the cut over point reached in the app. Eg. if I want to keep at 65 but the schedule is set to put it to 63 as per “leave” value for the heat in the schedule. How do I keep it at that fix value of 65 and prevent the schedule from overriding it.
    Thanks.

any ideas about this ?
noone has ever encountered such behaviour on CT200 ?

@maddie , @RBoy
do you have plans to release thermostat scheduler for Hubitat Elevation hub ?

I have a CT101 but here is something to check. Do you have a music note on the right side of the display at half way point. if it is not showing up with a diagonal line crossing it over you may have enabled the chime and it might signal when the thermostat takes actions. Press on it and hold to disable it by placing the diagonal crocess over it. Just an idea to check…

thanks.
On CT200, the note symbol only shows up in the menu (settings)
I have it there. When I press I see that it is disabled but it just seems to disable key (push) tones.

I just got my subscription to rboyapps and about to install the premium version of the 5-2 day programmable thermostat. Just a couple of questions.

1. My CT101 thermostats are getting detected as CT100 by ST. Is that OK to support the CT101?
  2. Do I need to do a full uninstall of the free 5-2 app before install the premium and lose all my settings?
  3. How do I do HOLD on thermo where it doesn’t get overwrite my change when the cut over point reached in the app. Eg. if I want to keep at 65 but the schedule is set to put it to 63 as per “leave” value for the heat in the schedule. How do I keep it at that fix value of 65 and prevent the schedule from overriding it.
    Thanks.

Hey there, to answer your questions:

1. It shouldn’t make any difference
  2. Yes and unfortunately yes, it’s best to start clean
  3. The temporary hold feature when enabled stops the app for overriding the user defined temperature for a duration of the current schedule. What you’re looking for as I understand is a permanent hold, i.e. hold until I say resume. Here is how you can do this, open the app, unselect the thermostat for which you want a permanent hold and tap Save. We didn’t add a separate button for permanent hold due to limited screen space. This way it’s very flexible, you can still have some thermostats running on schedule while others are on permanent hold.