Refurbishing the bathroom and need ideas to tell the electricians (UK)

Oh, I also plan to install a recessed medicine cabinet and have an outlet installed in the cabinet so I can charge a shaver, toothbrush, etc.

1 Like

IMHO, the sensors needed in baths are:
Hardwired Humidity Sensor
Contact Sensor for Toilet Door
Super Fast Motion Sensor(s)

Goodies would be:
Speaker (Alexa or Google)
Automated Blinds
Shower Valve
Heat Lamp

i have just signed up o webCORE would you control all this via that ?

All but Alexa. webCoRE is what I mostly use…SmartLighting for simple stuff.

1 Like

getting ahead of myself here, but do you have Bluetooth speakers in the bathroom for the alexa/google ?

See this recent thread on the same topic:

1 Like

been reading all i can, was just wondering if people had pictures, because as they say it paints a thousands words
off to read again

1 Like

Of course!

1 Like

ahh sensor above the bath area, then a little shelf for the echo. mmm thanks plans are forming
however in the uk i can’t get the plug within 600mm of a water source, but i have space :wink:

1 Like

i have the old boiler cupboard with a lighting feed in it, or could run a USB plug in the loft and mount a usb socket somewhere. low voltage so should be fine i reckon.

If buying and burying a USB extension cable then buy a really high spec cable. Most of the ones on Amazon are crap and have tiny amounts of copper so only work for a short time before dying or charging too slow to be useable.

1 Like

yeah understood. would probably put it in a void of conduit so i can swap if needed. but point taken.

1 Like

The Bluetooth volume control I mention in the other thread has USB power and that is what powers my Dot. It doesn’t stay powered when you turn off the volume control though, but no biggie.

If you ever expect to run wires later to a certain spot then I suggest running a PVC pipe in the wall to make life easy to fish wires.

we have recessed lighting behind the mirrors and below the floating cabinet on a motion sensor. So outlet receptacle placement is key. Also we have in ceiling speakers so wiring those before drywall was a breeze! The floor heater before floor is also important but the smart switch is easy retrofit. There are outlets in the big cabinets as well for charging. the vanity has 2 dedicated 20 amp for the blow dryer and curling iron lol.

Up north we did leds in the onyx and a tv behind the mirror it looks pretty cool from the shower.

11893965_10152980259210741_4105871567877919264_o|690x460

![11893965_10152980259210741_4105871567877919264_o|690x460]

1 Like

is that a tv in the mirror ?

yes, it looks small in the picture but it’s like 32 or something. big enough to watch from the shower for sure. It’s behind the mirror for reference.

1 Like

I used a Panasonic fan as well and like it but wish I had used a larger rated cfm one and got one with a humidifier built in the fan itself at the ceiling. For this one I just installed a basic motion activated switch so that the fan always comes on whenever someone comes in the washroom.
I installed a humidifier switch in my other bathroom but it takes a little longer for steam to get to it before it activates.
Don’t forget about electrical for your infloor heating and a plug less than 3-4 feet from the toilet for a smart toilet/bidet,
and of course the electrical for the steam shower.

very nice but you Americans are showing off with all your gadgets now. UK is a little behind with size of bathrooms and what i can and can not do based on regulations.
not thought of heated floor… mmmmmm

1 Like

American? I wish! I am north of the wall a bit hard to get the toys up here as well.