Recommendations for light switch

Hello all.

I am running power to a light in a bedroom but I can’t run a switch for the light without exposed wiring (which I don’t like). I have a SmartThings hub in my home. Can anyone recommend a smart light fixture and/or bulb that would work with some kind of switch I could just stick to the wall? I haven’t seen anything like this but I imagine it must exist. Thanks!

Any smart bulb that works with SmartThings will give you control over the light. :sunglasses:

After that you just have to add any of the many battery operated devices which also work with smartthings and you will be all set.

See the following FAQ.

FAQ: Looking at a good Wall Switch for my Hue Bulbs (2018 Short FAQ) ( also applies to other brands of smart bulbs)

Amazing, thank you! Is there a particular wall switch that the community recommends? Reliability will be key since this is the only switch for the light.

1 Like

I originally posted the wrong FAQ, so take a look at my post again and you will find a simpler one.

The absolute most reliable would be if you got a hue bridge, used a hue bulb, and then use either the Hue dimmer switch or the Lutron Aurora switch cover. Both are very reliable. However, neither will be visible to smartthings, although the bulb itself will be. So you can include the bulb in automations and the switch just becomes a parallel means of control.

There are several other options listed in the FAQ which work directly with smartthings and so give you a few more options about what you can do with the switch, but to be honest they are all less reliable than the Hue options. :sunglasses: