Recommendation for contact sensors, in bulk?

The quality of the repeater. There are certain devices that just don’t play right with the Iris Z-Wave repeating functions. However, if you do not have a solid Z-Wave mesh then by all means try it out. Might work great for you. Just remember if you start having issues with your Z-Wave network, remember it might be the Iris plugs.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Got mine in the mail today and they all work and connected fine! Quite excited to have a crap ton of sensors now! When I first tried to pair, it was during the outage, which I didn’t know of at the time, and thought I got 3+ duds. I got one to sorta pair but it wouldn’t update after it did. Once the outage resolved, everything paired quickly.

1 Like

The Contact sensors are out of stock now. If anyone has any extras they want to get rid of, please let me know.

Are the IRIS 3210-L2 Smart Plugs good? I do not have any experience with them.
EDIT: I found [RELEASE] Iris SmartPlug Z-Wave Repeater with Diagnostics that convinced me to buy the 10 pack.

Mine arrived, all look good, will start connecting them soon. Eight of them have homes already planned, the other two will either find homes soon or rest in backup mode. Kudos on finding this vendor. Looks reliable and ships promptly.

1 Like

Does the ST announcement here mean anything bad for these old iris devices?

If it does mean anything bad for such devices in SmartThings, then Hubitat will sell lots of new hubs.

1 Like

That’s what I read too. Looks like ST is forcing out the " power users". I finally installed the new app on 1 phone last month. ¼ of my devices went offline or just disappeared entirely. That phone never leaves the house is not used for presence sensing or anything. However now with the new app running every time we leave, come home, change mode o get a " migration failed " in SHM.

Just to verify: are you aware that SHM is only for the old app. It is replaced by the completely separate STHM in the new app.

Running both of them will cause you confusion.

I suspect this is the “Migration issue” problem in the Classic App in the SHM:

It doesn’t seem to have any effect on anything. I’m not using the new app (nor have I added the STHM) and I see this occasionally.

I’m not running anything in the new app. Finally got around to installing it on an old phone. When ¼ of my devices disappeared/ changed device type in IDE I decided that I was right to have no interest in the new app. If 40-50 devices are going to be lost in migration I might as well rebuild my entire system on another platform.
Especially when I have to build out a new system for our new location anyway.

Sounds like you have a sync issue between the apps. I had the same issue a while ago. There should be no reason for you to rebuild anything to get your existing devices to show up in the new app. I recommend you contact support.

Fyi @Brad_ST

Are you still missing devices in the new app? Our logs indicate the same number of devices between the Classic and new apps.

1 Like

I know that this post is old. I have around 30 of the 3320-Ls that I am going to sell on ebay if anyone is interested before I sell them or after I list them. I also have the Iris DWS901 s that I am selling too. I have boatloads of Iris and Hive and other smart items that I am selling that are compatible with Hubitat and Smartthings Hubs almost everything is new because I bought too much and then got kits full of a variety of items rather than buying things one by one.

1 Like

There’s a community “for sale” thread, if you list there more people will see it.

Community member FS/WTB/WTT Thread

You are using the contact sensor in the freezer to make sure the door shut? Can you put on a picture?

Ha, I do the same thing with the fridge and it’s great to announce (when the Sonos integration works) that the fridge door didn’t close all the way, and also to look at temp and see how long it was open. Sorry, no photo because I’m at work but the iris contact sensor with cr2 battery fits right next to a door shelf on our French door LG.

and this is why I love this forum - I don’t know why I’d never thought of that. I bought a bunch of these devices and need more uses. Good news is I’m moving, and I have more doors and windows now so will finally deploy them all!

1 Like

Yup, that’s exactly what I use these for. I’ll send over a picture when I get home from work later today.

1 Like

You can also incorporate it into routines- open the fridge in the morning and run morning-related routines like turning off lights/fan in bedroom, open the fridge in the evening and get an alert that reminds you you’re not supposed to be eating after 8pm :wink:

Or get alerts if the temperature in your fridge/freezer is higher than a threshold you’ve set for a period of time to make you go check on it.

1 Like

Here you go! The sensor is on the door and the magnet is on the wall. It’s a side-by-side unit in my garage, and I also have another unit in the kitchen with a freezer drawer on the bottom.

I’ve had these sensors in these units for years without issue and they work great. The only challenging parts were:

• installing them because you can’t see inside the unit to align the magnet and sensor.
  • since the mounting surfaces are cold and the door is open when mounting them, a thin layer of condensation can form on the surface causing the mounting tape to not stick. You need to be quick and wipe down the surface dry.

1 Like