Recommend for security use?

@Phobiac thanks!

Think in terms of layers…many many moons ago I was the first woman licensed to sell and install security systems in Texas. You want redundance. The problem with ST as your only security is the failure points. 1. Loss of power, 2. Loss of internet, 3. Failure of device (think door or window switch, 4. Failure of hub. 5. Signal interference. See where I am going? Hard wire security. 1. Loss of power (negate with battery backup), phone line cut, or cell call dropped…etc…all systems need motion activation…wow, I can go on and on. So what do I have. I have a hard wire system on all doors and windows along with a motion dection. An internal trap. Meaning a switch on a door that if opened when the system is armed it sets off the alerts. A dialer is setup to a cell phone that costs me $40 a year so I dont pay for monitoring or false alarms. I then have video cameras, that send me notification on motion. But more than anything, I have bells, sirens, and strobe lights…I don’t care if the bad guy is caught…get the h e double l out of my home. Think layers…lol forgot the newest layer…Smartthings, and it is integrating nicely as another layer.

1 Like

Definitely think layers. However, ST might be the only one that can drive you and your family crazy.