Raw Description

(Bobfrankston) #1

When I look at a deice I see: Raw Description 0 0 0x1001 0 0 0 6 0x25 0x27 0x60 0x70 0x72 0x86

Any hope for this information being displayed in a parsed format in order to even up the odds between me and Z-Wave?

(Brian Dahlem) #2

I don’t know if it helps, but I use this page to look them up. The last half is in numerical order.

It would be nice if the description had, possibly, a “more” link that expanded it out with class names. And while I’m wishing, the class names could link properly to this page in the smart things documentation.

(Bobfrankston) #3

Thanks. The link in the document page to http://build.smartthings.com/zwave.html was broken.

One reason I want to understand is that I have a dual link relay and the second link came on and I don’t know how to send a command to shut it off. Shouldn’t be hard but researching how is a pain.

(Bobfrankston) #4

It would also be incredibly helpful, no, make that absolutely necessary, to have a file of named values rather these long strings of hexadecimal numbers in programs. Don’t they still teach that the only constant in a program should be 0 and 1 and maybe not 1?