Raspberry Pi Monitor

Thanks I manually added and is working fine!

Any chance to add a reboot button on this?

Nice work btw.

Pi4J doesn’t support it but by executing a shell command could work

I finally managed to implement the UPNP discovery but since I am not a Java guy, i ended up with a Python based solution.

My github version here if it can help.

Thank you, i’ll check it out!

1 Like

I noticed you added device health? Will this give some type of notification if the device goes off-line, etc? I’m wondering if this device can be monitored by WebCoRE?

it does show the little red dot if the PI is not accessible, yes

This is a great integration. Unfortunately it appears that the java process stops answering requests after a day or two. The way to get it back is a “sudo killall java”, then re-starting the process. I have this running on 5 pi’s, all exhibit this behavior but not in any predictable way.

Any ideas?

I’ve seen the UPnP process failing and that brings down the whole enchilada. I’ve made a change locally but didn’t push it that if the UPnP service dies it doesn’t bring down the whole Spring application. Just open the class UpnpListener and remove the below lines:

ConfigurableApplicationContext context = (ConfigurableApplicationContext) UpnpListener.this.applicationContext;
      context.close();

Then mvn clean install and done. I’ll push the change to the repo at some point.

1 Like

Excellent. I’ll try it on one of my units for a few days before pushing it to them all. Thanks!

In case you would like to switch to a python implementation, mine is running fine for 10 days now. I have 2 Pi running.

I’m trying to install the monitor on my pi but when I type this:

“java -jar target/raspberrypi.ledcontroller-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar”

I get this:

“Error: Unable to access jarfile target/raspberrypi.ledcontroller-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar”

I assume it’s something I need to download but couldn’t find it in the repo.

what am I doing wrong?

You need to build first. Install Maven and JDK and run mvn clean install.

Hi, I get the following error message when trying to access the api page (build completes with no errors, apache runs fine on localhost):

There was an unexpected error (type=Internal Server Error, status=500).
No converter found for return value of type: class com.cl0udninja.raspberrypi.monitor.web.dto.SystemInfoDTO

Thanks

Could you pls share the whole stack trace? Are you running the jar with sudo? Frankly I didn’t keep this up to date, the upnp causes the service to die every couple of days, so I got rid of it in another repo.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I got the api running on the Pi and found it by manually creating the device and using ‘Add a Thing’ on the app. The issue now is that the app is blank, live logging on smartThings shows the following when I press restart on the SmartApp:

f8f651cf-f944-426e-afb4-2c3299095e45 12:04:29: debug Getting Pi data GET /api/pi HTTP/1.1
Accept: application/json
User-Agent: Linux UPnP/1.0 SmartThings
HOST: 114.138.130.232:8080
f8f651cf-f944-426e-afb4-2c3299095e45 12:04:29: debug Device network id: 728A82E8:1F90
f8f651cf-f944-426e-afb4-2c3299095e45 12:04:29: debug Executing ‘refresh’

The jar file doesn’t react with any output.

Is the 114.138.130.232 IP correct? If you type in http://114.138.130.232:8080/api/pi into your browser do you get a response?

For some stupid reason I had assumed host was referring to the device that sent the refresh request…
When I originally converted the IP to hex I omitted the periods, I included those and reset the network ID.

Works perfectly now! Thank you for the help and this great piece of work…now to figure out how to issue a state change when a face is detected on the pi. Any tips on how to approach this?

I’m glad to hear that! If you’re using the version with the UPnP though (https://github.com/cl0udninja/raspberrypi.monitor) it tends to die every couple of days. If you delete the following files from the downloaded repo and to a fresh maven clean install it has no stability issues:

src/main/java/com/cl0udninja/raspberrypi/monitor/UPnPConnector.java
src/main/java/com/cl0udninja/raspberrypi/monitor/web/UpnpListener.java
src/main/java/com/cl0udninja/raspberrypi/monitor/web/UpnpSettingsController.java

As a result it won’t be discoverable any more and you need to provide the IP address and manually add your PI.

1 Like

@cl0udninja I can’t get your smart app to find the monitor. I let it run for 30 minutes and nothing.