SmartThings Community

Range problems in a large home

(Doug) #1

Hello, all. Hoping you can help me. I have GE paddle dimmer zwave devices throughout the house, combined with door sensors, both Samsung and other brands. For a while, everything worked, but of late it seems like things are failing left and right. I lose switches for no apparent reason and have to re connect them to the hub. I am using a 2.0 hub. I have done countless mesh repairs, to no real avail. I have put range extenders all of the house, especially downstairs where things get more dicey. I am still running the classic Smartthings (never got any email from Samsung to upgrade). Would switching to the newer hub help? What about buying one of the Samsung Smartthings Mesh 3 packs and placing them on each of the three levels in the home? Any help appreciated!

0 Likes

Nope, and highly unlikely. Most likely you’re experiencing issues with the latest firmware release, at least that’s my guess based on the info you’ve provided.

I recommend calling (or emailing) ST support and get a ticket logged. You are not alone!

0 Likes

(Doug) #3

Thanks. Will do!

1 Like