I’m having trouble with the range of outdoor lighting and of further ZigBee devices and wonder if anyone can recommend a solution please. In illustration everything beyond Outdoor Light 2 is “unreachable”. I was hoping that the outdoor lights would act as a ZigBee repeater, however this seems not the case.
This is how devices are connected:
- All Outdoor Lights are connected through Hue Bridge.
- Also the Hue Plug and Hue Outdoor sensors
- All are displayed correctly in SmartThings (ST) Hub
- Outpost ST sensors connected directly through ST but appear offline
I tried out these things also:
- After I placed another “Hue Smart Plug” next to Outdoor Light 2 all devices were reachable (ok). However, I cannot easily install a plug socked outdoor due to safety reasons.
- I also tried a setup without Hue Bridge, however Lights 2 and 3 seemed too far to connect to ST Hub and were not discoverable.
- Philips Hue Outdoor lights 17432/30/P7
- Philips Hue Outdoor sensor 62547400
- Philips Hue Smart Plug 28066300
- SmartThings multipurpose sensor GP-U999SJVLAEA