Questions regarding what I can/can't post

@Slagle or @jody.albritton I want to post about a product we are releasing for sale so a few questions:

1. Can I post links to the actual product page in the post?
  2. Am I allowed to embed a video of it?

The post is ready to post, and I can send it if any of you want to take a quick look at it. It’s short and to the point.

2 Likes

Personal opinion (and what I try to follow for SmartTiles) is to keep detailed marketing and discussions of SmartTiles (or FlipFlic) to 1 or 2 active Topics (well… we have 3 active…), but I don’t hesitate to casually mention the product name or brief description if it is somewhat in context or a response to another member’s question.

If the Community occasionally marks a post as spam, no problem; I just let it be hidden / deleted.

A “Marketing” Category would be nice to have.

can i send the post I am planning on putting as a private message to hear your thoughts on it?

Edit: And thanks!

There are plenty of other posts about other products. If your devices will be able to integrate with ST I don’t see any reason why it couldn’t be posted in the “Devices & Integrations” category.

If your product is a competitor to ST though there have been mixed results. It seems every once in a while those topics will get closed and unlisted.

1 Like

Posted here: Z-Wave + integrated blinds/shades: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Shades

1 Like