Question about kitchen & smart lighting

Well the good thing is I have time to decide.

1 Like

I too will be gutting the walls and ceiling of my existing kitchen and extending the kitchen.

I was wondering if I could improve on my planned set up. I want to control them via smart things using motion sensors, via echo and also have physical switches incase there are problems with electricity and internet.

I was going to use fibaro dimmer 2 with momentary switches. However I wanted the current kitchen and the new extension lights on separate switches and be able to control them from either side of the room.

I also wanted to use hue colour bulbs for the breakfast bar pendant lights. I was wondering what was the best way to have them physically controlled and maintain smart control. Maybe using hue dimmer switch or something similar.

I will also have under cabinet light and lights island perimeter lights using RGB+CCT strips controlled with the Gledopto RGB+CCT connected to hue bridge. I would like this hard wired if possible however I’m not sure Gledopto drivers can be hard wired. I was going to ask the electrician when the work starts unless someone has experience doing this. Still pondering if I should put them in the perimeter of the roof light for going into the kitchen at night.

Lastly I was wondering if it’s worth making garden pir lights and fence lights smart as I will be hard wiring them as well. (Might as well right?)

Sorry for the lengthy message.

Any help will be appreciated.

Anything can be hard wired as long as you have the proper enclosure. You can give it to your electrician and they can figure out what would meet code and be safe.

Thanks, I’ll show him the device my only concern is they won’t know much about smart things. How do you think my set up looks? Anything that could be done better or know how many fibaro dimmers would I need to control the spot lights from both sides?

Ok guys my kitchen is finally gonna be started this week but I’m realizing that I might have a hard time with under counter lighting because I dint have cabinets across the whole wall. This is a lic so can anyone give me suggestions? One thing I’m thinking is changing the light above the sink to one that hangs from a pole & put a color light on it.

So how can I setup under cabinet lighting?