And the following is the FAQ for this forum on device class features which will give you an idea of what features, for example, different switches might have and why you might care.
So, I’m pretty new to this internet of things world. Originally bought 2 OSRAM tunable LED bulbs with the Wemo Hub and a WEMO insight switch, now I’ve “upgraded” the hub to the SmartThings hub, and looking at ditching the WEMO insight switch for the SmartThings plug, just so I have have support now and not have to wait or deal with adding custom code to the IDE.
I’m on Amazon and etc pretty much every day trying to decide what I want to play around with next, or what’s better, etc.
I’m here to see what your opinons/preferences are for
plugs
bulbs
sensors: motion, open/close and temp
It’s a confusing world out there…Just for bulbs I’m finding LIFX, WEMO, OSRAM, GE Link, Phillips Hue, Cree.
For plugs I’m finding WEMO, SmartThings, Aeon Labs, GE…etc
It’s hard to decide which is the way…