Presence Sensor Automation combined with time of day?

We have a presence sensor that I have setup to shut certain things down when leaving and turn certain things on when arriving. I am looking to turn on certain things, only if it is a certain time of day. I really don’t want/need all the lights coming on if it is daytime, but would like it for night.

Any suggestions?

Try this… you can restrict actions by time of day/modes etc

If it’s not exactly what you want then please let me know.
I may be able to ‘tweak’ it to cover your use case

1 Like

If its the lights you are concerned about, suggest using “smart lighting” smart app. Go to Automation - SmartApps - Add SmartApp - Lighting and Switches - Smart Lighting. Here you can specify time or Sunrise/Sunset when you want a device to come on.

2 Likes

Most of the automations available through SmartThings can combine presence with a time of day and/or mode restriction. So it just depends on exactly what you used to set up the rule.

As @jugular suggested, the easiest way will probably be to use the official smart lights feature. And support can help you with that one if you get stuck. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am confused… lol

Looks like a lot of programming, which I don’t understand and wouldn’t even know where to enter it. :frowning:

1 Like

I am triggering several types of lights. Some are done by a Cree bulb, some done by GE Z-Wave switches and some by Hue Lights.

I am still very new to this and trying to get the hang of things. When building my setup, I take into consideration the cost of controlling a light. Many of our fixtures require 3-4 bulbs, so its more effective to use a switch. In a couple of cases, we have 3 way switches, so in those I have opted for bulbs. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

1 Like

Don’t worry. :slight_smile:

As others have said, for use case it’s much easier to use the Smart Lighting app

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I think you will be able to do what you want with the official smart lights feature, and it is much simpler. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you… I will give that a try and see what I come up with. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like Smart Lights did the trick. I don’t see anything new listed under “Things” or under “Automation Routines” but i see it in the Smart Apps section and when i click on it, i see the routine there. So now it will just run automatically?