Pre-Release of Quirky (Connect) Service Manager and 7 Devices

You shouldn’t have to add the OAuth, it’s set in the code. try without it. Delete and reinstall the manager.

HTH

Reinstalled and Published for me
When I try to launch the manager from My Apps then I get
"Error: You are not authorized to perform the requested operation."

What is the error in the log at that time?

Where can I find the log on the app?

@sbrickhouse Logs are at: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs

@wackware I’m seeing the exact same symptoms as @sbrickhouse. On your advice, I just uninstalled and deleted the Quirky (Connect) SmartApp and the Spotter device type from the IDE and added them back, (making no changes to OAuth as requested) and my logs were as follows:

3:02:29 AM: error org.springframework.security.oauth2.common.exceptions.InvalidClientException: No client with requested id: null @ line 1293
3:02:29 AM: debug About to create access token.
3:02:29 AM: debug In authPage

So it looks like it’s dying here at createAccessToken().

Earlier in your code it references an existing ClientID apparently belonging to Dan Lieberman (LINE 80)

private getClientId() { “c22d82a7fc3d6faf06dcff1bcf0feb52” } // Dan Lieberman’s

Is this just a temporary ClientID used while requesting a new ClientID/Secret/Token after we auth? Is it possible that Quirky has killed this ClientID? This seems to be a new development on the Quirky end as others that already have a token don’t seem to be affected (or are not speaking up yet).

On the advise of previous posts in the community regarding enabling OAuth, I went back into the IDE > My SmartApps > wackford : Quirky (Connect) > App Settings > OAuth > Enable… Update > Code > Publish > For Me.

This gets us past the previous “Error: You are not authorized to perform the requested operation.” and the client now returns the following:

{“data”:{“error”:“invalid_request”,“error_description”:“Redirect URI is not authorized”},“errors”:[“invalid_request: Redirect URI is not authorized”],“pagination”:{},“error”:“invalid_request”,“error_description”:“Redirect URI is not authorized”}

Screenshot => https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9BoYxH0fDrPNmd1eDFuRVlUSWM/view?pli=1

The logs now show:

3:28:46 AM: debug In buildRedirectUrl
3:28:46 AM: debug In oauthInitUrl
3:28:46 AM: debug About to create access token.
3:28:46 AM: debug In authPage

Since we never get logged into Quirky everything seems to die right here.

PS - I requested a proper ClientID/Secret from Quirky on Friday and their email response advised me that, “This process can take up to 6 weeks to complete

I am able to recreate error on another hub, so now I am able to troubleshoot. I should have an answer sometime today. It looks like something has changed as an existing install seems to work fine.

Thank you all for your help.

It appears something has changed on the Quirky side for getting new subscriptions/tokens. I apologize for the inconvenience while we work this out. I’ll keep you all posted on this thread.

Twack

Hi @wackware, any update?

No fix as of yet. Working on it though.

I am having “Error: You are not authorized to perform the requested operation” as well. Pending solution. Great work. Please keep up.

Same problem here it wasn’t a problem till i fully uninstalled it and now trying to re add it

Is this working? I just received the egg tray and need to connect this to ST. I’m about to give up on ST and hook my wink back up. It has more integrated devices I have or need. Bali automated blinds, Nest thermostat, Nest protect, GE lightbulbs, etc…

I agree a system like ST shoulnd’t have this time of problems for this long

I want to preface this post by first establishing that I am not a paid developer, nor do I have any vested interest in ST or the ST Community other than as a paying customer that has made an investment in devices currently installed in and around my home and office. I also want to preemptively apologize for hijacking @wackware’s thread to address what seems like an increasingly systemic issue throughout the community and appears to be creeping into this thread too. Let’s begin by revisiting the very first paragraph that started this thread:

(BOLD added by me for emphasis)

This SmartApp (just like so many others found here) is a pre-release and community-supported SmartApp? I hope nobody is withering under the false notion that ST has some responsibility to source control, bug track or prioritize a remediation cycle for pre-release (translation: officially unsupported) code. Quite simply, they have no such responsibility. If you have gotten far enough into tinkering with the ST IDE/API to install and use the integration provided by the Quirky (Connect) SmartApp and associated device files that this thread is dedicated to, then I have to also assume that you are not just an average off-the-shelf consumer and that you recognize the difference between “really cool stuff you can do given enough tinkering and patience” and the fully-supported SmartApps and the official features included when you become an ST customer. Further, we must all remember that this particular SmartApp is among the elite few that enables cross-platform integration with 3rd party devices. So not only is the SmartApp presently officially unsupported by ST but unsupported by the 3rd party device makers as well. Even though the Quirky (Connect) SmartApp might not work for some people at the moment (myself included), a SmartApp that enables integration between Quirky/Wink and SmartThings is quite an accomplishment that deserves high praise and gratitude from the community. So now that we’ve established that completely different platforms are at each end of this integration, it’s no stretch for everyone to agree that this integration is highly-dependent upon the integrity of each platform’s ingress/egress point. When one side falls down, the whole tunnel collapses. It’s no surprise that this particular token “bug” appears to fall squarely on the shoulders of Quirky and not the SmartApp developer, not the ST Community and certainly not SmartThings themselves. As @wackware indicated earlier in this thread, this issue is apparently the result of a change in the way Quirky is handling OAuth. Nobody has the ability to anticipate changes like this, nor is the fix (or workaround) as simple as asking SmartThings to release an update. If a fix (or workaround) becomes available it’s because of the monumental efforts of the developers, tinkers, hacks, makers, enthusiasts and users (like @wackware) that contribute to this community. You also might have noticed that occasionally, one or more ST Community contributors also happen to be affiliated with or sometimes even employed by ST, nevertheless this association still does not create any official obligation for ST to support code offered through the community. Furthermore, any new fix (or workaround), regardless of it’s origin, that is found for this particular issue will also be equally dependent upon Quirky to not make additional changes to a myriad of other potential failure points in the future. That’s just the nature of the beast and everyone here should grok that. As a former Wink user and a current ST user, I’m incredibly grateful for such a diverse, active and talented user community such that we have here. Previously, I have waited around for months, only to be disappointed with the infrequent and lackluster updates released by Quirky/Wink (where there isn’t a user community at all or the ability to customize your experience). Meanwhile new community-supported, user-developed (or forked) SmartApps are announced on here so fast that I’ll never get around to trying out just the one’s that cause me to say out loud, “That is freakin’ awesome!”. Is it even necessary for me to mention that all this added value is completely FREE? It’s true that not everyone is comfortable with “tinkering” and there are plenty of feature-rich, officially supported SmartApps for those people also. Even though it does not apply to this thread, if you feel like you have stumbled across a software-related bug (even in an officially supported ST feature or device) then I am confident that someone in this community can help you with a workaround or a non-supported fix, but if you’re looking for an official SmartThings fix, you might be better served to bring it to the attention of SmartThings Support by submitting an actual support request directly to support@smartthings.com. In my experience, they are usually quick to respond within 24-48 hours. As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I’m just a community member here, with no particular skills to contribute at the moment but this particular unskilled member is incredibly appreciative of the monumental efforts made by SmartThings, @wackware and many other active contributors to the community that share their abundant skills with the rest of us.

PS - I have 4 Quirky Spotters that would be delighted to see this Quirky OAuth issue resolved as well but I won’t shed any tears if it happens later rather than sooner as many more supported Zigbee/Z-wave devices have been released recently that appear to be much more reliable.

2 Likes

@wackware is there any way to build in an adjustable offset for the spotters. I know the spotters are the issue with the temp readings. All of mine seem to be 4-5 degrees low

Hi all- is this working yet? I jut got the egg minder, porky and 2 spotters.

Got everything into Smart-things pretty easily, now stuck at where everyone has hit the brick wall. I am getting the following error in the SmartApp when I try to enter Quirky Credentials:

{“data”:{“error”:“unauthorized_client”},“errors”:[“unauthorized_client”],“pagination”:{},“error”:"unauthorized_client

Any help you can provide @wackware as always would be greatly appreciated!

I get the egg minder tile in smartthings, but when I am in the smart app and click “connect to wink”, it doesn’t do anything… is this normal? @wackware

Quirky pivot powers have stopped working with ST sometime between early to mid May. (I was out of town). Spotters seem to still report status, just pivot power wouldn’t take any input from ST. (works fine via wink app so I know they are functional) Is this a known issue to anybody else? Thanks.
(@wackware)

They took it out of support. Didn’t really say anything about it. No ETA on fix.