Pre-release of Fibaro Motion Sensor

Hope we get some insight on these Fibaro motion sensors from @wackware once he gets back in action today. :slight_smile: Support has come back saying its not a supported device. :frowning: but will pass on the to the dev team. Only @wackware can save the world.

I am so depressed about the Fibaro motions! :frowning:

Since @wackware is extremely busy, did anybody else figure out the latest firmware related - fibaro motion sensor’s pairing issues by any chance?

@smart

It’s a ST thing. They’re on it. Should know something soon.

1 Like

Meanwhile my suggestion to all the friends who haven’t bought this is to postpone the idea till this works again… Since it is out of @wackware’s hand and a ST thing, i am not too sure of its usefullness as it is not a supported device. I do understand support has its hands full and admire them but not sure about the priority unless I hear otherwise from @tyler @duncan and other buddies.

PS: this is no way to be taken as a sarcastic remark towards ST support. They have gone out of the way several times to help me out.

If it was @wackware only and the confidence I have on him, I would order tons of them.

Does anyone have recommended sensitivity settings for people with pets? I’m finding my pets set them off, so for now I’m trying a value of 20.

@whappend Please don’t try changing it now while it is broken. Yes there are ways to adjust tons of params but believe me now is not the time. @wackware has the method in there to change params and @Mike_Maxwell has examples for lux part. Check the manual and the device code but do not try it now.

@smart I was able to adjust without issue…not sure if the issues are only affecting new pairing or I’m not on the latest firmware. I also adjusted my lux params 40 and 42.

1 Like

Good for you 20 characs

Yea, the problem seems to be the initial pairing.

I don’t understand zwave code much but looks like the configuration during initial pairing stalls for some . I am basically talking nonsense but it is the configure parrt I guess.

Apologize for typos. On heart meds which make my vision blurry! Sorry about that. Need to get glasses!

@whappend new pariing only…

We found a possible cause of this problem. Can someone with a non-functional sensor try adding this to your device type handler code:

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.crc16encapv1.Crc16Encap cmd)
{
	def version = [0x31: 2, 0x30: 1, 0x84: 1, 0x9C: 1, 0x70: 2][cmd.commandClass] ?: 1
	zwaveEvent(zwave.commandClass(cmd.commandClass, version)?.command(cmd.command)?.parse(cmd.data))
}

With the new firmware the hub reports support for the CRC-16 command class and it looks like the sensor was taking note of that and switching to CRC-16 encapsulated communication, which the device type wasn’t handling.

Out of the house for the night but will give it a shot first thing in the morning and if this works, well you guys are the best.:. Anyways you are…,! :slight_smile:

@duncan I added the command (not sure where in the code to add it so I put it at line 303). Vibration, motion, and battery are working. Waiting on temp and illuminate to do something. Neither have moved after placing the device in the dark and in the icebox.

Darn… I wish I could drive back home right now…

I think for temp and illuminance you need to change it to this:

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.crc16encapv1.Crc16Encap cmd)
{
	def version = [0x31: 2, 0x30: 1, 0x84: 1, 0x9C: 1, 0x70: 2][cmd.commandClass as Integer] ?: 1
	zwaveEvent(zwave.commandClass(cmd.commandClass, version)?.command(cmd.command)?.parse(cmd.data))
}

I hate Groovy …

2 Likes

I believe it is working now. All sensors reported an initial reading. I am going to see if I can get the temp to change.

1 Like

If @jodyalbritton confirms I qm the happiest person and well done @duncan

@jodyalbritton did the temperature change for you? I just installed and it is stuck at 78 for now…

I put it outside in the cold and it looks like it is dropping now. :slight_smile:

LOL, well you guys picked it!