Pool lights

Hello,

I have a GE Z-wave light switch controlling my multi-color LED pool lights. I can change the pool light color by flipping the switch on/off multiple times to get the desired color. For example, if I want green I flip the switch on/off/on a total of five times. Is there a way that I can create a routine within ST to flip the switch x number of times? I would create a routine for each of the colors and program the switch to flip on/off the correct number of times for that color.

Thanks!

I’m sorry, I’m not feeling well, so this is going to be very short.

The quickest answer is that as a mesh topology, neither Z wave Nor zigbee can guarantee forced sequencing because messages can bounce around the network a little bit. That can make it difficult to do precision timing consistently. It often just depends on exactly how your local network is laid out.

That said, there are people who have it working successfully, and at least one case for a very similar lighting set up. So you can try it and see.

As far as what smartapp to use, I would just use core. Not only will it let you write the kind of sequence that you want, there are many people who will be able to help you. :sunglasses:

Also, if you use the quick browse lists in the community – created wiki, and look in the project report section, there’s a list for swimming pool projects. I know one of those, the one on the Pentair relay, is exactly the same question that you’re asking. But that one was done before Core existed, and now I would do it with core. :sunglasses:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section#Quick_Browse_Links_for_Project_Reports.2FQuestions