Toggle zwave On/Off with pause?

Is it possible to toggle cycle a zwave switch with a pause? For example: On-Off-On-Off-On with about 1-3 second pause?

Yes. But it won’t necessarily be absolutely precise because the individual messages may bounce around the network for a little while. So you can get approximately a three second pause, but it might be two seconds or even six seconds depending on your network traffic.

Mech protocols like zwave and zigbee are not intended for forced sequencing, which is what this is.

So you can try it and see if it works for your purposes, just be aware that it might not work every time.

There are two different ways to do this. You can create a daisychain using the standard features but it’s a little clunky.

The easiest is to use core which can support much more complex sequences.

Thanks for the input. Based on some quick research I see what you that z-wave can’t be guarenteed like that. But figured worth I try. What Im trying to simulate is the motions need to set an outdoor motion light to “hold” on mode.

Yes, there have been a couple of community members who wanted to set that up for exactly the same reason. I know at least one got it working but I think another one had problems.

It likely just depends on how busy your network is and on the exact Set up you have your devices. The more “hops” a message has to take between the switch and the hub, the more likely there is to be variation in the timing.

My network isn’t that large nor that busy (just me & a roommate in the home). I think about about 65 devices but most are zigbee.

Then it may work fine for you. You’ll probably just have to try it and see. :sunglasses: