In case some one comes across this forum looking for answers and is having trouble making this work.
The updated address for the parent code is;
I was able to get this to work using the parent code, child code, and device handler code provided above. Here’s what you have to do… (or at least how I got it working)…
- In you Smartthings IDE account go to “My Devices”
- on the upper right corner click on “+ New Device”
- Make up a Name and Label for your New Virtual Device (these 2 fields can be anything)
- “Zigbee Id” remains blank
- “Device Network Id” Can be anything as long is it has not already been used by your hub for another device. I used “VirtualTile01”, “VirtualTile02”, etc.
- “type” will be the Device Handler you created using the code above. (I used one that I created myself)
- all the remaining options can be filled by using the drop down lists. (be sure to select PUBLISH)
- Click on “Create” and you should be able to see the new device you created in your smartthings app
- Now in the smartthings app, go to Marketplace -> SmartApps -> My Apps -> Virtual Temp Device Child
- select the virtual device that you created as your “target” virtual temperature device
- select the temperate sensor that you want to duplicate
And you’re done… I may take a second for the temperature to updated, as I believe it may need to change +or- 1 degree to show the new temperature
Hope this helps :).