Philips Hue without Bridge? (just Echo Plus)

So i saw that the Echo Plus has a Zigbee Hub, and that Hue uses the same thing, does that means that i’ll be able to use Hue lights without needed the Philips Bridge if i have the Echo Plus?

Yes, but you won’t be able to use them with SmartThings, and this forum is for people who are using the Samsung smartthings home automation platform. So you might ask further questions in the hue or Amazon forums. :sunglasses:

Oh, thanks, but i was asking for the SmartThings, like, a connection of the light to Echo and then to SmartThings,
can’t i connect Echo to SmartThings Hub then?

There is an official integration between Echo and smartthings, but you won’t have direct access to any devices which are directly connected to the echo. There is a way to get echo to turn a light which is connected to it on and off, but if you turn the light on with echo, smartthings won’t know that you did that, so the status in the SmartThings system will be out of synch.

So if you want to use Hue bulbs and an echo and smartthings with full integration , you need the Hue bridge.