Philips Hue system - Questions for those who own these

This is what happened. Anything unusual? Who switched off that light at 4:50 AM? Sending it to support.

2014-11-21 4:51:09.566 AM EST 2 hours ago COMMAND poll poll command was sent to Family Room 3 true
2014-11-21 4:50:46.156 AM EST 2 hours ago COMMAND poll poll command was sent to Family Room 3 true
2014-11-21 4:50:05.178 AM EST 2 hours ago DEVICE switch off Family Room 3 switch is off true
2014-11-21 4:50:04.697 AM EST 2 hours ago COMMAND poll poll command was sent to Family Room 3 true
2014-11-21 4:48:27.698 AM EST 2 hours ago COMMAND on on command was sent to Family Room 3 true
2014-11-21 4:48:27.368 AM EST 2 hours ago DEVICE switch on Family Room 3 switch is on true
2014-11-21 4:48:27.137 AM EST 2 hours ago APP_COMMAND on Good Morning! sent on command to Family Room 3 true

@scottinpollock @tslagle13 @Tyler @geko @Linda and all those who own hues:

Quick question for you guys:

Hey, I have a hello home action “All Lights on” which basically turns on 8 hues + 2 lighstrips + 1 LivingColors + 2 luxes = 13 hue family of devices. At times not all of them turn on. They are all pretty close to the hub (ST and Hue) and internet is pretty fast. Is it possible that there may be a time out at times internally due to turning on so many devices at the same time?

I have never seen this when executing commands to the hub from the Hue app, the local API (which I call from HAM Bridge and shell scripts on my desktop), or from other third party apps. But I wouldn’t be surprised if there were issues with the SmartThings integration. I don’t think it is very well designed, plus there are frequent issues with the platform in general as well.

I’ve more often seen issues where the hue bulbs don’t turn off (only in ST not in the hue app). I don’t have as many as you but every once in a while something odd happens.

Thanks guys! It doesn’t happen to me via the stock hue app, Quick Hue or my favorite OnSwitch. They turn them on near instantly.

Yes, unfortunately. I’ve run into timeout issues last night while debugging my app. SmartThings got so slow that schedule and unschedule APIs took more than 20 seconds to execute causing TimeoutException’s. This would leave the app in zombie state where it would not respond to events. Unfortunately, the app does not seem to recover until it’s restarted and there’s no indication that it’s broken other than a transient error message.

@geko Read your note from last night and that’s how my post originated. It got me thinking if I was having a somewhat related issue. Thx.

So sad this is continuing to happen. I just completed a roomie remote install this weekend in my home theater which includes several hue BR30’s and light strips which gradually fade up and down depending on the sequence. Instant response, smooth ramp rates up and down, all bulbs perfectly responsive.

It’s so nice having the lights perform a slow fade to black when the movie starts instead of a random sequence of lights shutting off instantly at different intervalswith usually 1 or 2 orphan lights failing to trigger at all.

It’s gotten to the point where my wife and oldest son try not to laugh when it happens.

This is what it is when it works with ST. Triggered by Hello Home action:

Philips Hues, ST Powet Outlet and Aeon Outlet.