Philips Hue stopped working

@Lars is this an issue with the hub polling?

Must be since they do update every 5 mins correctly.

There used to be very little or no delay at all. I could use my hue dimmer to control my LightwaveRF dimmer through the integration. It now doesnā€™t work as well.

I found this description on another thread from a while back:

Do we need to go back to refreshing the lights every x seconds to get timely status?

As a workaround, I have added a CoRE rule to wakeup every minute to refresh the lights, but this isnā€™t a tidy solution and may also be anti-social.

@Lars @workmonk Whatā€™s the way forward on this?

Iā€™ve been seeing precisely this issue with the hub going off and on line for about a week - around the same time I switched from provider router to ubiquiti networking gear which changed the hue hubā€™s IP. This seems to have been correctly updated in the ST hub but only getting a max of about 15 mins before hue hub drops to offlineā€¦

Always able to control via the hue app, cleaned the hub, static ip for both hue and ST. Routines fail, smartapps (sp. Webcore) fail. Really agravating since now itā€™s getting darker Iā€™ve been using ST motion sensors to trigger bedroom and bathroom lights.

Anyone offer any advice

Hi sorry to bring this thread back, but I had to upgrade router and now for some reason in smartthings my hue is showing as offline along with all the bulbs and I cant remove it and re-add it? Can anyone assist with this? Thanks!

Are you able to control your bulbs via the Phillips hue app on your phone?

Did you try rebooting both the ST hub and Hue bridge?

Yes, able to control via hue app on phone, was able to remove it somehow last night, it ā€œdisappearedā€ from my smartthings device list even though it showed errors. Now it wonā€™t let me re-add it or see the hub. Iā€™ve tried disconnecting and re-hooking everything and even gave the hue hub a static ip now.

The app from Hue works great, but it wont add to smart things, I cant find any remnants of the hub before in smartthings devices either.

Thanks!

but have you tried rebooting your ST hub?

yes, I have tried rebooting the smartthings hub from the IDE.

Can you see the hub in your router?
Also, go to the ide and look at the divices list, does the hub show up there? If yes, does that IP match whatā€™s in the router?

Can see Hub in router, can not see Hub in Smartthings IDE device list. Tried to add it by going to add a thing but itā€™s not finding the hub? I tried hitting the Hue Hub button while searching too.

Do you have UPNP enabled on your router?

Yes, I am not sure why its not detecting it, Iā€™ve tried renaming it and many reboots of hue hub, router, and smarthings.

@Savio

Saw some activity here. If anyone is on the latest Hue Bridge Beta, they may have issues with the local support in the ST Hub. We have a fix for this that should be rolled out with the next hub firmware release. Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s what anyone here is running into but am putting it out there as a data point.