Philips Hue stopped working

oh man! you are absolutely correct! I thought I was on the SmartThings version, but I just remembered… about a year ago all of the Hue Integration stopped working and I changed the code to make mine work again…

Ok… so, can I just copy and paste the official version over mine in the IDE to make it work?

No. Since the installation version itself is ‘dev’, changing the code within it makes no difference. We took this step to avoid overriding custom setups that community devs had written for themselves. Sadly in your case, if you want the updated experience, you will have to start over.

I’m guessing you mean “start over” as in I have to remove and reinstall all of my hue connected bulbs???

oh my

Sorry. I know the pain. But the decision was taken with the intention of protecting community dev setups. Re-adding the entire hue setup should take less than a minute, but re-adding it to all the smartapps will be a real pain.

1 Like

I figured out my issue and it was because of a misconfigured homebridge raspberrypi server that I think was causing ST LAN instabilities. Once I corrected the configuration on my raspberrypi everything is now working properly again.

1 Like

Do you mind sharing what exactly you found? Might be possible that something similar is the root cause of a few other users.

We were able to migrate @bamarayne dev setup over to Super LAN Connect(SLC) with an update on our end. This was done specifically on his request. If you have a community dev setup, SLC will NOT migrate your setup.

1 Like

@Lars was helping me out and noted this: “I am seeing posts every few seconds like this:8:35:22 PM: debug Sending Update to 10.20.30.3:8000Not sure what Homebridge is but if that one is doing LAN calls ever second it might cause issues.”

So I removed the “JSON Complete API” smartapp and shutdown my raspberrypi homebridge server. I then reconnected all my hue lights and everything started working again without the ST Hue Bridge instance going online and offline. This fixed my Hue issue but then removed my homekit integration using homebridge. After looking through my homebridge config I had noticed I had some of the update method parameters set incorrectly and homebridge was either crashing or falling back on a soon to be deprecated ST API polling method (implemented by the homebridge-smartthings developer) to get updates of all devices exposed by the “JSON Complete API” this was causing the LAN issues. Once I corrected the update method to use the new (non deprecated) direct method everything is working again.

1 Like

Glad you got it working!

Hi

I’m having an issue with the hue integration. I can control the lights from smartthings but if I control from the hue ios app the lights change but the status doesn’t update in smartthings for a few minutes. If i go into the smartthings settings for the bulb and press refresh the status updates immediately.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Graeme

I’m having the exact same issue.

I’ve been updated to 17.11 on my V2 hub and issue remains.

I’ve tried rebooting the ST hub and that restores the immediate Hue status updates but after few minutes it goes back to only updating Hue status every 5 mins.

Please contact ST support since they claim that I’m the ONLY person having this issue.

@Lars Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks.

@jpark40 Just curious… Is your Hue hub connected to the ST hub through SLC or a developer app?

Stock SLC.

Sorry about that, I can look at your accounts if you PM me your account names.

Account PM’d. Thanks

PM sent.

Thanks.

Hi Lars. I haven’t heard anything back from you and it’s still not working. Are you able to help or do I need to do anything else? Thanks, Graeme

Hi Lars

I have just sent you a PM. For the community, here is a description of my issue. Can anyone else re-create this sequence?

I have Hue lights connected to the hue hub and integrated into SmartThings. I can control them from SmartThings (through the things interface) or Hue (app or dimmer) and they work immediately using either interface. However, the Hue status doesn’t show up in SmartThings straight away, which causes a problem for me because I am using that status to trigger a CoRe rule to copy the Hue light level to a LightwaveRF dimmer - a Flos GloBall lamp.

There is a delay of between 1 and 5 minutes between the Hue light change and the status update, but no noticeable delay at all between the status update and the LightwaveRF automation triggering and completing. This was working perfectly when I set it up a few weeks back.

Here are some screenshots with timings.

07:33:09 - Lights are on

07:33:13 - Switch lights off using Hue

07:33:18 - Lights are showing on in SmartThings

07:34:06 - Lights are showing on in SmartThings

07:34:16 - Lights showing off in SmartThings, LightwaveRF dimmer off

07.36.36 - Switch lights on using Hue

07:34:41 - Lights showing off in SmartThings

07:39:02 - Lights showing off in SmartThings

07:39:28 - Lights are showing on in SmartThings, LightwaveRF dimmer on

If I go into the SmartThings control for the lamp and press refresh, the status updates straight away.

Regards
Graeme

Thanks for the detailed description.

This is the exact issue I’m facing.

Did you contact ST support as well? When I contacted ST support, they claimed I was the ONLY person to have this issue.

@Lars Any update on this? Thanks.

There is no telephone support in the UK and I can’t get through on chat. I have emailed them the link to this thread. Hopefully @Lars or @workmonk will fix it before they get involved :wink: