Pass command to another zwave device

I am using a Cooper RFWC5. Its command classes are: zw:L type:0202 mfr:001A prod:574D model:0000 ver:1.13 zwv:2.78 lib:01 cc:87,77,86,22,2D,85,72,21,70. All though it is not listed it does indeed send scene activation 2B commands to properly associated devices. What I was looking to do was send 2C (scene actuator configuration) commands to the associated devices. For a zwave scene to work both the controller and the device must be set up.

Here is a link to a thread on the device: Aspire rfwc5 device type?

I’ve modified a DH for my linear dimmers to set up the scenes using 2C commands. I’ve posted it to github: https://github.com/saains/SmartThings_Z-Wave_Lib/tree/scene_active. I’ve documented the sections I’ve modified. I’m looking for a better way to do this portion. Adding 2C into Zwave tweaker would be a better solution.

The information on page 5 of: http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/dam/public/wiringdevices/products/documents/technical_specifications/advancedtechinfo_V2.pdf
has been very helpful and confusing for setting up the Cooper. The device must do some funky things based on the order and the timing that the commands are sent. But it works if done exactly as instructed, I have programmed the controller from ST. It does indeed control both devices by both scene and or association. I’ve got some work to do before I post the DH for others to try. What confused me was the configuration commands seem to overwrite each other. The device must store the information internally based on the previously received command. Only the value of the last sent configuration command is reported via configuration get. The Fibaro device may require some similar magic command order to set up properly.

The cooper device uses the association to send off commands to the scene controlled devices. It will also adjust level. I can use the indicator command to determine which buttons are on. However, I don’t think there is a way to determine which level is being adjusted. ST will only pass On/Off info to other devices.

I want all this because my house has some locations that should have had three ways switches. I want those to function independently of the hub. Its a bummer if the lights don’t work because the internet is down.

Linear/Nortek/GoControl devices respond to 2B as well as Cooper devices.