Pair Ikea Fyrtur Remote with Fyrtur Blinds?

I have my Ikea blinds connected to SmartThings. Yay! But to do that, I needed to factory reset the blinds, and now the Ikea remote that came with the blinds isn’t connected.

Ideally, I’d like to connect the remote directly to the blinds, so that SmartThings doesn’t see it. Just like when I first bought the blinds, but with SmartThings also able to control the blinds.

Is it possible for the Ikea Fyrtur blinds to be controlled (directly) by both SmartThings and the remote?

2 Likes

Did you ever find the answer?

According to everything l’ve read, it’s not possible. The blinds can only pair with a single controller at a time. You might be able to connect the remote to your smart things hub, and get the same effect that way. But you can’t connect the remote directly to the blinds at the same time as the blinds are connected to smart things.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it, but there is a little chance that after the firmware update of those devices the Zigbee 3.0 compatibility would might allow it, if the devices would support both TouchLink functionality. But the blinds and the remote are most likely HA standard they would not have any TouchLink capability of the old ZLL standard.
Bulbs and remotes are able to do what you were looking for, with the pre Zigbee 3.0 firmware, as both being a ZLL device. Suddenly I haven’t had any chance to test it with the post Zigbee 3.0 firmwares as I haven’t got an IKEA Hub.

Did you this figure it out? I found another post but was not able to get my remote to work

Same problem here, blinds paired fine with ST and working, button paired as well but will not operáte the blinds.Tried with and without the ikea repeater. Without not even battery status, with I get battery status and I see some activity when button is pressed since it changes the battery percentage level, but it will not operate the blinds or any other device.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

I have my custom Edge driver that supports Zigbee groups. That allows to control shades both via hub and remote

1 Like

That would be great Andrew! Where can I find it?
Thanks

EDIT: Found it on Github but getting this error trying to create the handler from code in my ST :frowning:

Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script_dth_metadata_a22d4933_983d_4aef_938f_46c5ab4cbd7d: 14: unexpected token: - @ line 14, column 3. — ^ 1 error

and this for the button:

Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script_dth_metadata_1731f7f8_dc25_43c6_aeac_af44b9aa1221: 25: expecting EOF, found ‘or’ @ line 25, column 74. er(device, WindowCovering.ID) or zigbee_ ^ 1 error

The groovy DTH is obsolete. You should using the Edge drivers.
My drivers available via invitation SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things..

There you can find my IKEA drivers. The quality of the code is not the best, but it has been working for me since September last year.

Switching from the old groovy to the new edge requires re-pairing the, it is also recommended to remove the groovy drivers before pairing.

Thank you for being patient with me Andrew :slight_smile:
Yes, I did enroll my hub to the EDGE beta , but I’m unclear how to add your driver.
The old method copying the raw code and creating it from code is no longer used?
I did search for how to but somehow didn’t figure it out.

have you opened the link above? There you can chose drivers to install, just scroll all the way down and find Ikea

Darn I feel stupid now :sweat_smile:
That was easy!
Can’t thank you enough for being so helpful !

When you pair both shades and remote open the device settings and put the same number as the group number.
I would recommend press a hardware button to wake up the device before saving settings in the app

Will do
Thanks!

Thanks for the awesome driver! Is there any chance you can add support for the new TREDANSEN and PRAKTLYSING blinds? I think they’re not matching because the model string doesn’t match. If you want I can provide the text strings for the TREDANSEN blinds as well as the raw description.

1 Like

Yes of course, if you have fingerprint strings send them to me @DJFliX

Awesome, I’m giving you the data I can see in the SmartThings web UI:

Raw Description: 01 0104 0202 01 09 0000 0001 0003 0004 0005 0020 0102 1000 FC7C 02 0019 1000
application: 21
endpointId: 01
manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
model: TREDANSEN block-out cellul blind

done, please try

1 Like

So, as expected I wasn’t able to switch from the built-in blinds driver to the Edge driver. So I removed the device from the Hub and did a factory reset on my TREDANSEN blinds. They did pair with the correct display name, so I’m pretty sure that part is working now. Unfortunately the blinds themselves aren’t moving. I’ll search for the original forum topic for your driver and continue the conversation there since I feel like I’m hijacking this thread a bit too much.

Edit: can’t find a thread specific to the Fyrtur/ikea-window driver

2 Likes

I feel like I’m probably doing something stupider… since I’m not able to get the shades on the edge driver however I managed to get the remote on the Tradfri on/off edge driver which doesn’t help since I cant use it with the blinds…

1 Like