Orvibo Scene Controller

I’m new to smart things. bought a orvibo 7 button after reading this… trying to figure out how to get your code working for basic 7 button remote functionality.

I’ve pasted the code into a DH but not having any luck on tying the buttons to scenes. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I’ve put these in the closet and forgotten about them! I will try to pull one out this weekend and play around a bit. At the very least, I know I can get it to work as a simple 7 button control.

Thanks, sorry to resurrect the thread. Just trying to learn the coding ropes. your code passes button presses as events just fine, but I’m not able to see anything beyond the single device in either version of Smartthings.

Have you made any progress on figuring out the indicator lights?

I just setup this scene switch last night (using your modified DH, thanks!!) and it is working great with WebCore. But man do I wish I could figure out how to get the indicator lights to work…

Sorry. No luck on the lights. And the manufacturer is unhelpful.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work, even as a simple 7 button remote.

I created a DH using the code posted, but all the switch does in ST is switch between the different states, depending on which button is pressed. I can see the button presses in the log, but can’t get further than that…

How do I get this to interact with a button controller smartapp or even some virtual switches?

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Hello!

I’ve recently purchased a few of these scene controllers and was looking at getting them to work with SmartThings. Could you please share your DH, if possible? I’d like to try and see whether I can make any progress on getting the lights to work.

Thank you,
Boris

posted DH is working, to some extent, it’s just not seemingly doing anything in webcore. Any idea how to configure this in webcore?

@Matthew_K here is how I got it to work in webcore for myself using the Device handler posted at the top of the thread.
@bradlee_s do you have an updated DH that can detect press and holds? Would love to check it out if you do! Thanks!

Well hot damn! Spent the last 4 hours digging through my old code for this and got it to work! Pushed and Held for each button. My device in ST will also show ON/OFF Indicators! They don’t light up on the actual device though. Still certain those (if possible) will only light up via scenes clusters set through a secondary endpoint, which I haven’t the slightest idea of how to do.

Anyway, happy testing!

1 Like

You rock @bradlee_s! Thanks for this! It works like a charm! Now I just need to figure what I’m going to map all the held commands too :stuck_out_tongue:

For anyone that’s curious here’s my webcore piston, though, the push and held events also now work with ABC Manager thanks to the new DH (if you’re using that).

1 Like

I bought 10 keypad and did the installation with success last WE. Big thanks Bradley !

I do wish now to be able to light up the LED indicator (alway on) for night purpose. Either with webcore or device handler modification. Or at least light up when scene on.

Any suggestion ? . . . did find out in webcore ‘‘enable indicator when on’’ . . . .I did play with that I bit without succes yet.

@bradlee_s Thank you for providing the DH. I added on IDE and was able to see this scene controller in smartthings classic. But I need some direction about how to move it forward.

1. the “smartThings” app does list this device, but when I clicked on it, it says the app can’t connect to it.
  2. How do I configure the action for each scene button?

Thanks.

I use smart lighting for most all automations. Give that a try.

Thank you, Brad. Smart Lighting works. I created automation rules to trigger bulb when one of the button is pressed.

I was wondering if the LED light can be used to indicate if the scene is on or off. For example, if one LED is on, then it means the corresponding bulb is on.

No clue how to control the on board LED’s. It’s a non standard Zigbee scene controller, and the manufacturer will not provide any specific detail.

Thanks, recently bought a pair of the livingwise branded (re-brand of orvibo scene controller), and was able to use the device handler .
One thing is when I click on the configure nothing happens? is it supposed to be like that?
Right now the only way I could use it is in a Routine in ST classics app.

On its own, it does nothing. It sends button commands (press/held/released) to the hub. You can use any automation app to set an action based on those triggers. Smart Lighting is preferred.

Thanks for the reply.
I try to configure it as a simple press switch, you press to turn on the lights if they are off, or turn off the lights if they are on, is this possible at all?
Also, thinking of using some of the buttons to control music play back on Amazon Echo, but don’t see any option to accomplish this in ST classics app.

For the lights, use smart lighting with a button as the trigger. Then select the toggle on/off option.

I can’t help with Alexa automations.