Open/close sensor not identified as such

Hi guys!

I got this device

In theory an open/ close sensor, but it’s only identified as a motion sensor…

I think (can’t be sure anymore with all the dh changes) it’s the Philio PSP01-1 Sensor… got the dh from here, the community, somewhere.

Ideas?

You made sure to set the DTH for that device to the custom one? It may not have automatically grabbed that one.

1 Like

I think so…:slight_smile:

Found your problem…that isn’t an open/close sensor. The listing for that model number on Amazon lists it as:
PHILIO PSP 01 (1)PIR, (2)temperature, (3)illumination 3 in 1 sensor

1 Like

@Ryan780 is correct.

I was going through DTH’s on here for it and none show anything about open/close. It is just motion, temp, illumination.

Then clearly mine isn’t that one… which one is it then? lol! what can I try? (thanks for chipping in!)

Try the PSM01 or PSM02 DTH. They have contact sensor in the capabilities.

1 Like

Darn, all githubs there are dead… :frowning:

One of the first replies on that post had a DTH copied and pasted in, not just a github truncation.

1 Like

I get this with that one…

That said, I’m on my cell phone trying to get it to work…

/**

• Philio PSM01 Z-Wave Multi-sensor. Detects door/window opening, ambient light, ambient temperature
  • Capabilities to enable: battery, contact, illuminace, temperature, poll, refresh, sensor
  • Author: SmartThings, jscgs350
  • Date: 2013-11-3, 2014-3-12
    */

// for the UI
metadata {
simulator {

status "open"	: "command: 3003, payload: FF"
	status "closed"	: "command: 3003, payload: 00"

You may want to jump onto a computer.
I was able to copy and paste the DTH into my IDE, save and publish, without any errors thrown. I went to manually create a device and it was in the list of available device types as “Door Sensor” down in the custom DTH part of the list at the bottom.

1 Like

I actually ended up talking to @johnconstantelo and he gave me access ot his DH… worked like a charm on the first try… Thank you both for your time guys!