[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

Fellow Canadian here. I ordered mine from aliexpress for about $10 shipped. Just a FYI.

1 Like

Delivery time? it says 30 - 60 days lol

It took 3.5 weeks to get to me in Niagara Falls Ontario.

I have 2 door contact sensors. Leveraging @Erocm1231, @Rave and @a4refillpad DTH.

They have the battery status showing

Mine have been operational without issues. Iā€™m going out on a limb and ordered 2 more and 2 buttons :slight_smile: but as @a4refillpad said, lets hope tonights update doesn;t take them off line.

Iā€™m on the V2 hub based in Ireland, so it will be the UK configuration.

@brumster, this is the Kudled switch we were talking about KUDLED - UK 1/2/3 Gang Switch

@a4refillpad and some of the others in the thread got a switch that they could connect to ST. Bit like these sensors takes some doing but once connected all was good. Unfortunately I got a later model that I just could not get connected so Iā€™m still keeping an eye out for some reasonably priced switches :slight_smile:

Thanks Iā€™ll have a look when I get 5.

FYI. Just added a new motion sensor post FW update without issue. All looks good!

I got my motion sensor delivered and connected to ST with the catchall network id. However, mine only stays connected for <6hrs and Iā€™ve tried multiple times ranging from 3-6hrs. I like the small size of the motion sensor but canā€™t get it to stay connected. Whatā€™s the secret handshake for the success stories to properly connect it to ST?

I can confirm this. Iā€™m actively using 2 Door/Window sensors and 2 Smart Buttons and the battery levels reported make sense, i.e. the battery level of the door that is opened/closed more frequently is lower than the other one (96 vs 99 per cent). The same goes for the buttons.

One question regarding the Mi Temperature/Humidity Sensor. Mine is working reliably, but I had to add it manually (by creating a device in the IDE using the Network Device ID from the ST Hub log). That way, however, battery reporting doesnā€™t seem to work - as opposed to the other Xiaomi devices that I was able to add regularly using the the ā€œAdd a thingā€ function. No matter what I tried, the Temperature Sensor wouldnā€™t show up on the regular device search.

Has anyone succeeded getting battery readings from the Temperature Sensor?

No one has modified the DTH for the temp sensor to read battery yet (I think).

Not sure if it has or not, (big thread now) but once I receive mine I will give it a go.

1 Like

the hun update already happened right???
all is still good?

at least my sensors seem to still work

@brumster are those kudled switchs still for sale? didnt saw any

My sensors are still active too.

@Paulo_Nobrega no, the Kudled switches are no longer available. The link in the other thread was the only place anyone has managed to find these switches, AFAIK todate. Based on a private conversation @a4refillpad had with the sellers, it looks like they did a specific production run for the switches themselves and have sold out and arenā€™t planning a new run (at least any time soon).

1 Like
1 Like

Iā€™m using 3 buttons and a motion sensor. Using the latest DTH on this thread everything is really stable, the sensor UX and logging looks great. Thanks a lot for all the hard work.

1 Like

Using a motion sensor, temp sensor, and 3 contacts sensors. All good so far after a few weeks.

Motion detector doest like the cold though. Here in Florida it got down into the 30s last night and it stopped working. Checked it this afternoon when I got home and itā€™s fine now thatā€™s itā€™s warmed up. Itā€™s fast and great field of view. Very happy especially for the price.

Hi all,

Iā€™ve read much of this thread, but canā€™t seem to definitively determine if these Xiaomi sensors work with the US (United States) ST v2 hub? I see most of you are overseas from me, so before I drop any $, wondered if they even work over here? Again, maybe I missed it way up in the thread.

Thanks!

I can confirm that they work (although I only have 10 xiaomi motion sensors). The funny thing is better range and coverage than my ST motion sensor and significantly smaller form factor.

2 Likes

Thanks @ZebraBlinds. Iā€™m in for 1 door/window sensor to give it a shot.