[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Which models? There are two versions of each - the “original” Xiaomi model and the Aqara model. Please see this webpage which has photos to determine which model you have.

The Xiaomi Motion Sensor goes into a hardware Test Mode when paired, which lasts for about two hours. During Test Mode, it can sense and report motion detected every 5-6 seconds. After two hours, it goes into Normal Operation Mode, and when motion is detected, the hardware is “blind” to any activity for 60 seconds. After the 60 second “blind” period, it can then again report motion detected if it senses it.

Which SmartThings hub do you have? The v2 hub is the only one that seems to be able to maintain connections with Xiaomi devices.

Do I just need to re-pair them like I did the first time or do I need to exclude and re-pair ?

Xiaomi devices are Zigbee-based. Zigbee does not have an exclude mode, only Z-Wave has that. If you have a v2 hub, I recommend deleting them from your devices list, and then re-pair them (meaning holding the Xiaomi device’s reset button in to put it into pairing mode).

For more information on pairing and the most up-to-date device handlers, please see this community thread.