[OBSOLETE][UPDATED as of March 24, 2016] Hue Lights & Groups & Scenes (OH MY!)

Commenting out line 1103 of the SmartApp gets the Lux/White bulbs working again. I don’t have time to do more digging now because I’m heading out to dinner.

Would this replace the SmartThings “Philips Hue Bridge” device in ST? I have all my Hue lights connected via a Hue Bridge. Will this work in that scenario?

Thanks for that Clayton, did the same and it’s working now.

While I have been trying to sort this I have noticed the controls becoming unresponsive. The Hue controls stopped responding on ST on my phone so switched to tablet and it worked for a minute then stopped responding - only to start responding a few minutes later. Not sure if this is a general ST problem.Its working now so I will see how it is tomorrow.

Thanks for your help and thanks for the app Tony

New issue:

These device handlers bug out when issued a “Set color for these bulbs” command from Rule Machine. Here’s the Live Logging output:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: All Values must be Integers between 0 and 100. Received: ([isStateChange:true], 23) @ line 307

In this case, all I’m trying to do is change the color to “Soft White” with the Bulb level at 100.

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

My pull request already has a fix for this.

I just submitted a second pull request to fix the Lux/White Device Handler, make the UI more consistent, and add the transition time slider.

EDIT: Don’t mean to spam this thread, but I also updated everything to allow users to select a default transition time when going through the initial setup, instead of the hardcoded value 3 being the default. I’ll do a third pull request if/when you merge the first two.

Really want this app to work but struggling now with the app not responding. It seems to stop responding for a few minutes then stars up again. I’ve sat watching the logs and all of the triggers seems to be getting through (motion, scene switches etc). I can see when it works there is an entry under ‘AP Hue Bridge’ showing the command and true or false etc. When it stops responding there is no entry here when I try to control the lights.

Just noticed a batch of commands starting with ‘Doing Hue Device Sync’ . I tried to control the lights again after seeing this and they responded so not sure what is happening to cause the temporary lack of control.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Your previous fix worked great for me. Thanks! I love open source, so thanks much to the both of you!

I’m getting the error Scene Discover on scenes and cannot remove the application, any ideas?

All-

Merged code for AP Hue Bulbs, AP Hue Groups, and AP Hue Lux Bulbs from @claytonjn (also @claytonjn - there wasn’t a reason for me not updating the Hue Lux bulb initially … aside from my laziness)

@bobfather - tested new code with RM and set color to Soft White and level 100 - should work perfectly now.

@bbarham - I haven’t ever experienced the app being unresponsive. Are you saying that your lights don’t respond or that the logs don’t respond?

@bodtwo - If you’re unable to delete the app from the ST mobile app, use the IDE (locations > smartapps > edit button > delete ). As far as the error itself, have you installed all of the required AP ____ device types?

@claytonjn deserves much respect for his work on color temperature, hue lux, and general bug squashing (as @bobfather said - love open source!). Much appreciation, my friend!!!

-Tony

Minor update to AP hue bulbs and AP hue groups device types so they reflect proper on/off state when using setColor or setColorTemperature. Also added second setColorTemperature function to allow user-provided transitiontime parameter.

Hi Tony, the lights don’t respond. I have no control over the lights - will not switch on or off then a few minutes later they are working again. While I was watching the log the lights started responding after the ‘doing hue device sync’ appears in the log. Sounds like it’s just my system. - I’ll try to remove the app and start again.

Ahh that’s too bad. I wish Phillips would fix that.

I already do use the Hue bulbs through Echo. The problem is, since my dining room light has 5 bulbs that require unique names:

DiningHue1, DiningHue2…DiningHue5

When I run a routine that includes the dining room light, the notification lists each bulb. This becomes annoyingly long. I was hoping to just get it to say “Dining Room Lights” in the notification field ca listing each bulb individually. This is why I was hoping for dinner control as j would just use the switch vs the bulbs.

My Hues have been working well now. Ironically its my lifx that become unresponsive all the time. With the circadian rhythm smartapp it’s painfully obvious just how many lifx bulbs just ignore color temperature change requests. Ugh…

Hi, still cannot delete, not even in the ide console?

@bbarham - are your lights working now? If not, please let me know. There had been a wide range of hue-related problems reported on the forums recently (http://status.smartthings.com), so wondering if it’s more general or more app-specific.

Hmm. That should only occur if you are using the lights in another smartapp. Have you checked that out?

HI Tony, I had to revert back to the original Hue Connect app as the lights were only responding half of the time. I do want to get this working as access to the Hue scenes will be a great feature. I will be trying the app again probably at the weekend. Ill let you know how I get on.

Huh. That’s understandably frustrating. If you decide to try again, I would love to see the logs. I haven’t had that problem, so its hard for me to figure out what’s causing it for you. Thanks.

I’d like to give OH MY! a shot, but I have about 75 Hue devices on two separate Hue bridges. Before I uninstall all my current Hue devices and related apps, can someone confirm if it’ll work with both bridges simultaneously? Hue(Connect) doesn’t work with two bridges.
Thanks