[OBSOLETE] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

You should be able to create a custom label for how your thermostat is addressed, so perhaps you can find something that Alexa won’t translate into the direct E for East. Some ideas:

• The ee Cookie is
  • Your He Cookie is

You might also google to see if there are any syntax modifiers that Alexa would understand…

The optional integration with the Quiet Time Helper can do what you want, I think…

Thanks, but I’ve started setting up new routines on the new app since they’re sunsetting the classic app on 10/14.

Great ideas! Thanks Barry!

I kinda figured the speech syntax translation was on the Alexa side and not on the smartapp side, but I wanted to double check with someone who knows way more than me. Thanks for confirming.

Is there a way to set the home/away on scenes/routines?

Yep - the Smart Routines/Switches/Programs/Modes helper was specifically designed for that use case.

1 Like

With SmartThings sunsetting the classic app, I’m trying to move everything over to the New SmartThings app. One thing I’m noticing is that my push notifications are only firing in the Classic app. What am I doing wrong that the mode change notifications are not showing in the new app?

Also, curious about the future of this app wit the the push away from Groovy. This is my favorite smartapp. I intend to write some of my use cases out when I have time as I think they could be helpful for people starting out. You’ve seriously thought of nearly everything for the person wanting to automate temp, airflow etc. Such a great app!

1 Like

I don’t do push notifications really, but for the few I do get, I remember disabling notifications from the new app a while back so I didn’t get two of everything. Perhaps you did the same?

I’ve been trying to get used to the “new” app for years now and like you, I had fully disabled notifications from Android for the new app to avoid duplicates. That said, I did turn them on days ago so I’m receiving notifications for other things in the new app, just not Ecobee Suite mode changes that I have configured. They still notify via the classic app only.

I am also having issues with the new SmartThings app and helpers not triggering when scenes run. The only helper I use sets away mode on the ecobee when I leave the house. I opened everything in the old app and saved, that didn’t work. Then I deleted the helper and recreated it in the new app and that didn’t work either. If I trigger the routine in the old app everything works, if I trigger the scene in the new app nothing happens with the ecobee.

I’m traveling, and my own SmartThings setup has been dismantled as we are moving.

You may need to change the helper to use the Mode Change instead of Routines. Or, creat virtual switches for the programs, have the Scene turn on the appropriate on (and turn off all the others), then have the Helper use the Switch as it’s trigger. Convoluted, but it should work until I land and find the time to dig into this…

1 Like

The virtual switch suggestion worked, the helper changes the ecobee modes when the switch is turned on or off. Thanks!

In looking at the Mode helper, I’m wondering if I can just get a simple notification (no action yet, testing theory on alerting to open the house if cases are met) if I the following cases become true:

1. Auto mode and outdoor temp drops below cooling setpoint (or offset)
  2. Auto mode and outdoor temp rises above heating setpoint (or offset)

Alternatively, should I be using the smart modes to control it to heat/coll instead of relying on Auto? Not a huge fan of the idea, but perhaps that would work more cleanly.

Would this be possible? I’m using the smart contacts helper and it works perfectly but the above item seemed outside the current capabilities of the mode helper.

Is it safe/recommended to migrate from SmartThings classic app to the new SmartThings Samsung Connect (STSC) app now? I see Eric_Heien encountered some problems. Have others successfully migrated?

Is it safe/recommended to migrate from SmartThings classic app to the new SmartThings Samsung Connect (STSC) app now? I see Eric_Heien encountered some problems. Have others successfully migrated?

Safe? No
Recommended? You’re going to be forced to here soon. Samsung is finally sunsetting the Classic app and even killing a few smartapps along the way. I recently took a real effort at switching over and it has been painful to say the least. The migration tool does a decent job of converting your routines to “Automations” but apps that rely on the old routines don’t seem to work properly. Secondly, many of my Alexa integrations broke because they are also killing the old Alexa integration in favor of a new one (by September 8th).

Anyway, I would start the migration sooner than later but take good screenshots of routine settings and different things so you can remind yourself what you lose when you switch over. The longer you wait, the more desperate you’ll be to fix things. I’ve been working on things for a few weeks adjusting to the new logic of things and making things work or converting them to ways that work (not just specific to Ecobee but all over my various automations).

my ecobee integration with St has been working without issue for quite sometime, but starting yesterday I am not getting any updates in STm the even logs show a APP_command than the next event up says" API is not fully connected" All my webcore automations and reading to temp are dead. I have updated my device handler, rebooted everything to no avail.

Suppgestions?

Ops, meant to put in my post
Suite Sensor 1.8.07
Ecobee Suite Thermostat 1.8.17

You probably just need to re-authenticate the EA to Ecobee.

Thanks!
Barry

I forgot the process if I did it (a year ago) is this done in the app?

Yes. Just open the SmartApp, it will prompt you.