[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Interesting, I dont think the last batch I received had a CE mark (dont have the cases any more to do a quick check), but I have a few more arriving this week hopefully so will check again and then confirm online. Interesting if so

Who are you buying them from?
I normally get mine from Ali express or eBay so mine are probably old stock , maybe if Iā€™m correct itā€™s the ones direct from Itead.
Like I said I didnā€™t read anything official so I may be wrong

Have got a couple from eBay and a couple from Itead direct. So will check both. The hardware wont have changed (and none of my previous devices have looked any different) so in theory the CE mark on the product is probably not that relevantā€¦ Although as it is a mains power product, changing the firmware will remove the CE mark I believe, though they couldnt check that in an insurance claimā€¦

1 Like

Only thing I see is this
But not sure about itā€¦

1 Like

I am sure this is answered somewhere in the 600+ posts but I didnā€™t see it.

If I understand this device correctly, it can be placed inside the box in the wall behind an existing switch. It can read the existing switch state to turn on/off the circuit. It can also be controlled via smartthings to turn the circuit on or off.

It also works in US? 120v 60hz.

@ArstenA It can be placed inside a box in the wall but just take precaution around fire regulations and hence put it in a fireproof case if possible, that is all that we are discussing.

As for your other points then yes you are correct.

Saw this guy appear on DX when looking thru new things
http://www.dx.com/p/geekworm-7v-32v-temperature-humidity-smart-wi-fi-switch-w-sensor-464412
It uses ewelink so hopefully also esp8266 powered, but is powered by low voltage so would be easier than modding one of the sonoffs for low voltage operation. Will get one on the way to me soon.

1 Like

Can you check to see what the setting is in the SmartThings app? I wonder if it is set to off there and keeps updating the setting.

Also, it looks like the HA Controller IP & Port are not set (unless you blocked them out before posting). Hitting the configure button in the SmartThings app should fill those values in.

Will check in that, thanks. Also i have a question; Iā€™m planning to buy the sonoff touch and wanted to find out if it has the dimmer capability or its just a regular switch?

Does this device type work with Sonoff dual to control two switches?

There is a different device handler and firmware for that device.

1 Like

Thanks very much Eric. I am planning to order one of these as well.

@erocm1231
Eric, is there a way to program in the firmware or even the DTH a ā€œDTH selectable settingā€ for the sonoff (classic or the TH16 for High motor load) to operate as a momentary relay?

You can already select boot up state, so I was thinking when relay/device closes/turns on, have it turn off after a predefined or user selectable value of seconds.

The idea would be to bypass using CORE, smartlighting, Stringify to turn off after a time to prevent the rare and off chance of the command not sending, or the device being knocked off wifi for some reason when on, and not being able to select it off.
The idea behind this request would be making a ($12 total) garage for opener. $5 for the sonoff, and $7 for a relay such as this one.
Configure the sonoff to auto off after 1 sec, boot up state OFF.
You might even take the classic firmware and DTH and make a (garage door version) so it shows up as a push button in the DTH, and have the DTH pull the attribute from a (within settings) selected door or tilt device to show open or Closed.
This could be a stellar and cheap garage door setup!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Truck-12Volt-Relay-Socket-SPST/dp/B0082HVJ2Q

This wink user did it with a GE Zwave module and he has to turn it on and off, or set a rule to turn off any time the device is turned on after 1 sec.
Modifying the firmware or DTH would get around the cloud (non local) automation which again, IMO would make this an absolute HIT!

If you go to the web interface there is already an ā€œauto offā€ setting. After turning on the switch it will turn off x seconds afterwards. x being what you set that setting to.

:stuck_out_tongue:
Oh ya!!

@erocm1231 Do you think making a modified standalone DTH (copy of original with different tile attributes) and possibly secondary device state mirrored on an additional tile would be remotely possible.
I know itā€™s a big ask, but Iā€™m a coding idiot, I wouldnā€™t know where to begin.

Hi @erocm1231
This has been asked before but I canā€™t see a reply.
Where can I change the polling time it checks the "uptime"
Itā€™s set to check every 5 mins and is spamming the recently tab so i struggle to see when the device was switched on/off
Is there a way I can change it so it doesnā€™t show in the recently tab at all and just in the tile on the main screen of the device.
Iā€™ve looked through your device handler and smartapp but canā€™t seem to find it.
Cheers

Steve, check this post for the info on how to comment out the uptime reports completely:

thanks a lot for that @Meirion_Williams i couldnā€™t find the correct term to search for

I have just installed a couple of the Dual switches and they are working great.

Can anyone tell me if there is anyway that I can just have the 2 individual relay devices showing in the SmartThings app and not also have the dual switch showing.

I donā€™t think itā€™s possible, but just thought I would ask.
For now I have renamed it to put it at the bottom of the list.

Hi,
I am getting this error, could anyone help me to confirm the error??

C:\Users\CM Tang\Desktop\Sonoff Project\ESPEasy_R120>esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 115200 -cp COM7 -ca 0x00000 -cf Sonoff.ino.generic.bin
esptool v0.4.6 - Ā© 2014 Ch. Klippel ck@atelier-klippel.de
setting board to nodemcu
setting baudrate from 115200 to 115200
setting port from COM1 to COM7
setting address from 0x00000000 to 0x00000000
espcomm_upload_file
stat Sonoff.ino.generic.bin success
setting serial port timeouts to 1000 ms
opening bootloader
resetting board
trying to connect
flush start