[OBSOLETE] SmartLife (H801) RGBW LED Strip Wifi Controller & Bulb

I think you will have to set the RGBW pins in the “advanced” section of the web interface. There is probably a listing somewhere online that shows which pin is which but you might want to just try one of the combos listed on that page.

I forgot about this part. Back up and working. Thanks @erocm1231 !

1 Like

Do you happen to know the pin outs for the H801 and RGB GPIO settings to use for WLED?
When I have time I might thry this on one of my H801’s
I never really see too much on WLED for regular RGB strip, I have been planning on using it for some 5v adressable strip projects but I didn’t even think it had settings for regular RGB strips.
Funny thing is that my H801’s are still working on this smartlife FW, sort of
I can control RGB fine still but just not W1 and W2 channels
but on one controller if I command it with Alexa and turn it off and then on again it will turn on the W1 channel , but it doesn’t happen on my other 3 controllers.
I thought they already retired groovy so i am wondering how it is still working at all.
Did thy maybe switch it to a generic edge driver or is it using a groovey legacy server somewhere?
IF tit did switch to a generic edge driver automatically I wonder if I could configure it to ge W1 and W2 working.

You could check easily enough. If the choice “Driver” is available on the triple dot menu when you’re viewing the device, then it’s using an edge driver.

1 Like

No, I don’t.

oops I spoke too soon, my devices just stopped working yesterday, I never got to check but now it just says “LAN thing” under driver
Guess they finally pullled the plug on the last of the groovery servers

I got it working but the on/off and color changes are very jarring with this FW, is there a way to set fade in/ fade out offsets and color change fade offsets with this FW?

delete this post

I think so. Check Commands - Tasmota

1 Like

How did u get it working. Got the same problem with all my ledstrips

Sorry but this is like reading Chinese to me, I do not have a degree in CS I am not developer, is there some documentation for noobs on the basics of how you would even go about this.
I never used Tasmota before I don’t see any options for entering anything so what do you need to to do, set these up in the broker or , recompile a custom bin and reflash every time you want to change something?
I do not know how any of this is supposed to work and I can’t code at all, what are all those goobledegook numerical strings for and where would I even enter them?
it says "Commands can be issued using MQTT , web requests , webUI console and serial
but we are not using MQTT as a broker or web requests right, we are using the edge driver instead, this adds a whole other level of coplexity,

Tasmota documentaions does not have a section for using it with smartthings or an edge driver so how would I even go about this, it also says serial so I assume I would need to flash it again then or it just works like serial monitor in arduino IDE and I type the command and it exectues it on the spot but it does not set it permenantly ? are all tese options even for the making changes in the FW itself?
IT seems like all this is for settings in MQTT which we are not even using so how I would go about it for edge?
Can you give me a overview of how to do it , I can understand any of that tism over there.

Get what working, the fade in/fade out or just the Tamota FW itself?
I have no idea how to get fade in and out to work,
I barely go the tasmota flashed it was not broadcasting an SSID after I flashed it with the lite FW I forget how I even got it to show up, but when it did and I was finally able to enter my login credentials it was not connecteing to my WIFI, I think I reset it by plugging and unplugging it 7 times and then put my log in credentials in again and then I had to uplug it and plug it back in again and it finally connected then I updated it to the latest FW using the URL, the update URL is alredy in the update section you just have to add .gz to the end.
I had the edge driver installed and I went to add deice and the first time it added two devices and the it added 3 devices I had to delete them all , one worked for second then it stopped working in the ST app and the controls disappeared, I added it again and was not working again, I had to enter the IP address , it was showing with my gateway address with an .n (192.168.1.n) at the end I had to add the IP at the end then it started working.
It is not user friendly at all.

@anthony_rossetti, now that you have managed to flash your devices with Tasmota and connect them to the Tasmota Edge driver, I recommend that you post your questions to the Tasmota Edge discussion.

The h801 itself, since i cannot turn it on/off and its a lan thing now.

I have to flash them again and reinstall them? Then replacing them for a ledstrip controller which is supported is less work :laughing:

1 Like

do you see the controls in the app for the device?
and did you check to see if the correct IP address is entered in the settings of the device page in the app ,and your IP for the device is set to a static IP in your router?

Well Tasmota is hot garbage and I already want to get rid of it, the develpers who mad this are stupid and lazy and out of touch.
it just sucks and has no options at all , I can;t undertand how this pile of garbage got so popular when it is just a pile of featureless unuseable trash
ST platform is not much better either TBH,

Exactly Tasmota is lazy uninspired trash and so is ST as a platform too, there are no options to do anything with either one,
and doing anything is such a hassle it is just not even worth it when you can just buy a cheap controller form aliexpress for like 6 or 7 dollars now that has more features.
The Tuya smartlife app is even better than Smartthings now.
After all of the hassle of reflashing these the Tasmota FW just sucks and you can’t even make any changes to it at all, it has no features and no options, you can’t even do the simplest thing like make the lights fade on or fade off, and you can’t make it fade when it changes colors.
It looks like crap and the code is crap ,a very half assed lazy attempt at a FW IMO
not even worth using at all.
the inteface is autistic AF, who the hell woud ever want to use such garbage?
You would have to be a totlal mascochist.
I will have to look into ESP home or WLED instead,
I don’t even need smartthings anymore, nobody does the voice assistant routines have been able to do a lot more than ST for a long time now and it is 10000000 times less hassle and more reliable to set upa routine in a voice assistant and a milllion times easier , I only used this for now is connecting devices such as these h801’s and my z wave and zigbee devices, ST just sucks at literally everying especially since the botched migration.
I wish I had jumped ship to Hubitat when they stopped supporting my hub, I am really stupid for taking the bait of a discount on an aotec hub, I should have just got the hubitat hub instead, this platform is 100% useless now.
I would rather just flash these with somthing I can connect to Alexa directly, I really DGAF about ST anymore I never even use it, it just functions as a superfluous middleman layer between my devices and my voice assistants, and I never go into it unless something is broken, it’s only use is connecting devices that require the physical radios in the hub beyond that it serves no practial purpose at all.
The interface and everyhting about it is a $#!t mess.
even the literal cheapest smart home devices you can buy, some for $2 off Aliexpress have a better app than ST with more options and features and that don’t require you to jump through hoops and to have a masters in CS to figure out and that you don’t have to do years of reserch just to do the simplest thing, smart home tech is supossed to make life easier but this nightmare has been nothing but a headace and aggravation that requires constant never ending mainentence and which keeps downgrading everything,so is most of this garbage in the smart home space though, it’s all just a bunch of $#1t at this point.
About 75% of my devices and automations I had working 6 years ago are now hopelessly broken because of the garbage software and the sorry state of develpoment in this failing industry.
I just don’t have the time to constanly re set up $#!t and learn whole new interfaces along the way every time they decide to stop supporting the thing they just released a couple yers earlier, the second I get something set up and working good they do some stupid $#!T on their end I can not control that breaks everything I just worked so hard to get working, every other day it is a new problem and something that was set up and working perfectly fine yeterday is broken today, these companies and developers have no concept of what backward compatibility even means, and they just DGAF about the people using their garbage products and services.
you have to thow away and replace all your devices every 6 months it seems now because of “updates” and these companies breaking everything through software I am realy just fed up with the whole lot of it and want to just become a luddite now and buy a shack in the wilderness.
and yes I know this is a Wendy’s

So Mine still dont work after the recent changes at SmartThings. I hope somebody could explain to me how to make them work again

They’re garbage just buy new ones off of aliexpress you can probably buy better ones for $3 thar work with Tuya smartlife
these are POS because ST sucks as a platform.

I had them working with Tasmota but I switched or “upgraded” my router from the Asus rt66u_b1 to the AC 5300 and now the performace is so bad with these I can’t even use them at all , one will not connect at all now and the other 3 connect now but the ones that are grouped have an absolutley horrendous lag.
One will respond and the other one will take 30 seconds or more to respond, you just can not control these in an Alexa group or as a group in any other software for S
it never worked right with Eric’s FW either and I ended up getting so pissed off that I went out and bought a new rotuer thinking it was the router that was the problem after hundreds of hours of trouble shooting this garbage over the years and non stop headaches.
I bought a new router but never got around to setting it up because I have so many static IP’s and port forwards that it was a huge headache, I just got around to setting it up now and what a huge disappointment, I made the SSID and password and default gateway the same set allthe IPs; to static as my olfd router for the new router but these garbage controllers and the even worse garbage Tasmota FW is even more of a headache now than with the old router.
with the old router and the garbage Tasmota FW all 3 of my h801’s I use for my kitchen cabinet lights would respond at the same exact time a least, but since “upgrading” the router now only 2 of them will work and they are extremly staggered the other one connected for like 5 seconds and was only contorllable from the ST app for those five seconds but it never was working with Alexa and now I am not even able to log into it or any of my other H801’s except for 1 out of the 5 through the web inteface even though they show as online in my routers client list.
The new router was about 4 times the price of my old one and has like 12 antennas as opposed to my old one with only 3 yet this POS still manages to be 100x worse than the old one at absolutley everything Asus just sucks so do not buy their POSrouters they are garbage and their software is garbage,
they’re a rip off.
My wyze cams won’t work with Alexa now either most of the time, it was an issue with the old router too but with this one it’s even worse,
I am going to have to go back to my old router now and throw this one in the trash since there is no warranty or return period.
I tried using this new one as a mesh node before setting it up as the main router and it didn’t improve anything, infact it made everyhting a lot worse and my backyard clients would not connect at all with this as amesh node the back of my house and the main router in front.
I don’t know what kind of a router you need for this smart home garbage to work right or reliably but I haven’t founf one that is worth a singe F yet.

I will probalby end up spending $2400 for a 4 pack of the new erro’s and it still wont connect past 3 feet I bet.

my sensors and lights all drop all the time and cameras are totally unreliable but these LED contorllers are the biggest headache of them all , they will NEVER respond right and without a HUGE delay between them if you group them, the Tasmota FW just sucks and offers no featuers not even fade in or out when you turn them on or off, and these just won’t work at all with some routers apparently but it’s not even consisent, why do 3 out of 4 work and why does only one let me log in from the browser now but none of the others?
None of this makes any sense at all, but don’t bother with this amtuer trash or trying to figure it out
just throw it all in the trash where it belongs including the Aotec hub and go buy the cheapest Tuya smartlife compatible controllers you can find off aliexpress that goes for all smarthome stuff, literally everything I have connected to this POS of a platform is totally unreliable and unusealbe in any capacity. All lights and sensors and other devices, anything connected to this trash platform doesn’t work or one day it works the next it doesnlr or it doesnlt work from minute to minute.
I never have been so aggrated, it is especially annoying since I paid so much for all this garbage but the stuff I get on aliexpress all pretty much just works and is ten times more reliable than anything connect to this dumpster fire of a platform, I got $3 PIR sensors that work with no dealy yet the expensive one on ST have such a long dealy that they are not worth even using at all
for automation.
They take well over a minute sometimes over 2 to respond.
this platform is hot garbage, Tasmota is hot garbage too, I only buy cheap crap from aliexpress these days and I have much better luck with it and I just use it with Alexa routines, none of this ST crap is even worth it anymore TBH.
the platform is just totally unreliable trash and couldn’t keep up with cheap Chinese crap from aliexpress even.
It all honestly just sucks and has not been able to keep up with tuya smartlife and noe of it is worht he headache.
It’s complete trash that requires constant maintence and still never works right after 5 years of constant troubleshooting even, just get rid of it all and buy new cheap stuff from aliexpress that works with Tuya it will save you a huge headache and lots of cash, trust me I been there and done that ST is finished it’s nothing but garbage, so are these DIY FW’s and projects like Tasmota and homo assitant too , it’s just not worth the trouble, you can keep it and HA and ST too, it’s nothing but a lot of aggravation for no reward.
If you want stuff to just work and not have to spend a fortune just buy Tuya crap instead, none of this worthless junk is worth the trouble and it is totally unreliable
don’t wait untill you have a flood or fire and have this crap platform fail on you just ditch it already.
every singe day it’s another problem with this BS that takes hours and hours if not days to research and troubleshoot only to have it break again a few days or even horus or minutes after you get it working again, who in their right mind wants to deal with all this BS?
I m fairly technical but when it coes to my hose and basic Bitch S#1t like you know having the light turn on and off this crap is not cutting it.
they YEARS to ge ttheir S togheter but all they have done is make this platform worse and worse more unuseabel and ureliable over the yesrs the internafe the app migration the discontiuation of groovy and the remoal os so many basic fetures with no replacement means I am just done with this crap.