[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Hi arnb,
It didn’t help. I had to reset the Iris keypad. Now everything works again!
Thanks

A few months ago I had the same problem after the batteries died on my Iris keypad. Had to pair the device perhaps three times before it worked.

Sono’s is sold… can I make my Google Homes do the Broadcast does any one know?

Yes, you can (with some quirks). Check out [Deprecated] Google Assistant Relay V2.0 - Google Home Audio Notifications!. I use this in conjunction with several Google Home devices. The two biggest issues I have are that the notification audio is not synchronized across devices (though I think there might be a semi-workaround for this if you’re welling to accept its side-effects); and that a bit ago, Google in its infinite wisdom, decided to preface each announcement with “broadcast from your user name”. So I’ve just had to get used to hearing “broadcast from Rob, laundry room door opened” every time.

I have the strangest issue with the entry delay I have aeotec 5 sirens and sometimes they beep and other times they will just loudly siren instead of delaying. It seems to work randomly. Does anybody have anything I could try? I tried to find a solution but other than outright not having a warning beep which isnt something I want.

Edit: Ive been testing it out all day. I cant figure out why sometimes the beep routine makes it go off but most other times it actually works as intended lol

Does the DTH have a Beep command?

If it does not the app attempts to simulate the Beep by sending on and two off commands to the device. Due to ST Cloud and Internet timing issues these commands may arrive out of sequence causing the problems you are experiencing.

You may attempt to adjust the timings in module shm delay child around line 1016.

if (settings.thesiren)
	{
	thesiren.each		//fails when not defined as multiple contacts
		{
		if (it.hasCommand("beep"))
			{
			it.beep([delay: 2000])
			}
		else
			{
			it.off([delay: 2500])		//double off the siren to hopefully shut it
			it.siren([delay: 2000])	
			it.off([delay: 2250])
			}
		}
	}

thank you for taking the time to help me with my problem. Appreciate it very much. What you are describing sounds exactly like the trouble im experiencing. Will try this :slight_smile:
Edit: Changing the second itoff to 5000ms fixed all issues. Siren will occassionally do an extended beep but i dont care. It turns off.

:confused: someone help me please :slight_smile: , So i am currently using the simulated keypad and i have the user code set up and the simulated ID for the keypad all set up however when i enter my code and press arm stay or arm away and even disarm nothing happens at all, but when i press panic it arms the system away… what’s going on lol

pretty sure i have like it has my 4 digit pin and i set the thing to user and i chose my name for it

Sorry I deleted my response after rereading your post and noticing you have a user profile.

Try turning on IDE Live Logging, rerunning your test, then see if there were any errors.

ok so when i look at the logs i see this “senddevice notification to keypad”… i’m not sure but that turned up as soon as i pressed off partial or on after entering my code but smartthings classic app arming modes or whatever there called do not change ;/

also i should add!, when i disarm my system or arm it in either mode from the smartthings classic app not they keypad the writing on the simulated keypad goes red for away and stay and green for disarm so there connected if that makes sense

Weird thing was my battery was 80%. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. Now it works great as usual.

If the Modefix Profile is not setup, please do so. I suspect that may be the issue.

so i think i have set it up correctly however it is still not working how do i use this to work for me?

At this juncture, I suggest going back to the beginning, read and follow the SHM Delay documentation at the top of this thread, setting the app for a real or simulated keypad, insuring all the basic testing in Section 15 functions, then retry the simulated keypad.

ok so i have read through it all and still nothing which is a shame

Assuming the tests in section 15 were completed and successful, I’m out of ideas or suggestions.

I really appreciate the developer’s effort here. He’s gone above and beyond with this smartapp. Any explanation as to why Samsung ST doesn’t have a native arm/disarm delay for SHM?

hallelujah i have the delay working, btw works great congrats just hoping and praying the sim keypad works