[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Hi Arnb,
Thanks for your reply over in the Keypad section. I have a Xfinity 3400-X keypad. Modefix appears not to be working for me when 1) I arm from Actiontiles and 2) disarm from keypad - alarm is turned off but keypad icon lights still indicate armed. I tried creating a Modefix profile (I did not change from the default settings but clicked Save) and I have Modefix on in the General settings.

more information, if I enter PIN a second time icon light goes off.

Modefix does two things:

  1. Keeps the armState and mode in sync
  2. Adjusts the keypad lights when arming occurs from a non-keypad source.

What may be part of the issue is lack of establishing an additional mode “Stay” in the IDE to match the keypad. However, it should work without the additional mode.

It’s also possible there is a code error, try turning on logging in the IDE, try the failing procedure, then forward any SHM Delay errors in the log.

Should this issue not get resolved, send me a Private Message with your phone number and a good time to call you.

Keypad lights always set from a pin entry.

2019-06-27 1:59:36.877 PM CDT
moments ago DEVICE armMode disarmed Xfinity 3400-X Keypad arm mode is disarmed
2019-06-27 1:59:36.869 PM CDT
moments ago APP_COMMAND setDisarmed SHM Delay sent setDisarmed command to Xfinity 3400-X Keypad
2019-06-27 1:59:35.962 PM CDT
moments ago DEVICE armMode disarmed Xfinity 3400-X Keypad arm mode is disarmed
2019-06-27 1:59:35.953 PM CDT
moments ago APP_COMMAND setDisarmed SHM Delay sent setDisarmed command to Xfinity 3400-X Keypad
2019-06-27 1:59:35.922 PM CDT
moments ago APP_COMMAND acknowledgeArmRequest SHM Delay sent acknowledgeArmRequest command to Xfinity 3400-X Keypad
2019-06-27 1:59:29.997 PM CDT
moments ago DEVICE armMode entryDelay Xfinity 3400-X Keypad arm mode is entryDelay
2019-06-27 1:59:29.884 PM CDT
moments ago APP_COMMAND setEntryDelay SHM Delay sent setEntryDelay c

I’m a bit confused, these messages say they are from SHM Delay, but do not match anything produced by the version I am running, Beta 2.3.0

Please check your install and confirm you are seeing the image below in the Classic phone app after clicking Automation → Smartapps → SHM Delay → then scroll to bottom. You should be running version 2.2.9 corresponding to the latest user release

Yes definitely 2.2.9 thanks.

Your debugging messages do not match anything produced by SHM Delay! What DTH are you using for the Keypads?

Well, in frustration i uninstalled SHM Delay (all components and the keyboard DTH) then re-installed, which hopefully will clean any junk. Haven’t had a change to thoroughly test yet, but will soon and will let you know, thanks.

I am trying to configure SHM to have the Konnected Buzzer beep when my entry door is opened and continue beeping until the mode is set to Home.

I originally tried using Smart Lights, but there is no way to stop the beeping when the mode is changed. I believe SHM Delay BuzzerSwitch will do what I want, but I can’t seem to get it to work. I have the app installed, but I am unclear on how to configure it and/or configure the devices to work with it.

It triggers off of SHM Delay events. You must install and configure SHM Delay.

I have delay configured. I was using that with my original Smart Lights configuration. I don’t know how to tie the BuzzerSwitch to that configuration.

Follow the directions in the documentation section 31. Assuming entry and exit delays are setup, it will set selected switches, such as Konnected Virtual Buzzer switch, on and off.

In your phone app
Applications → SHm Delay Buzzer Switch-> select devices-> long or short beep->Save

So when I am testing the system and turn it on then off quickly, sometimes the red armed light on the keypad stays on, but eventually shuts off. Not quite issue, just nit-picking.

Makes sense to me.

SmartThings is a cloud based system meaning: hub gets keypad message, sends it via internet to cloud, cloud processing, cloud returns message via internet, hub sends command to keypad., keypad processes command.

Loving this and have been using it for a while so thanks again to the OP!
However, im selling off my Sonos which I currently have as the broadcasting device. Any way I can use Google homes instead?

Is there any way to increase the delay beyond the 90seconds? I am using this app to deal with the crappy ST presence detection. Sometimes it takes more than 2 minutes for the hub to realize I am home, so extending this to 120 or 180 would hopefully help me avoid false alarm triggers.
Thanks.

Edit module SHM Delay Child Version 2.1.5 around line 425
from

input "theentrydelay", "number", required: true, range: "0..90", defaultValue: 30,
			title: "Alarm entry delay time in seconds from 0 to 90" 

to

 input "theentrydelay", "number", required: true, range: "0..120", defaultValue: 30,
			title: "Alarm entry delay time in seconds from 0 to 120"

or whatever maximum number you want

Thank you!!!

For some reasons, SHM stops working again. The Iris keypad does not do anything. All the monitored entries now have no beep sound. I am using [arnbme : Centralite Keypad]. What else I should check?

try saving all the SHM Delay settings