[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

@arnb I’m also having this issue. Just installed today.

Pantheon’s last post asked for the the ability to ignore a profile when the system is armed in Away or Stay.

Please try the latest Beta version and post your results.

Can I contact you directly or PM?

Use a Private Message

Hello -
Is there a way to test a simulated contact that I have set up for SHM Delay ?
Many Thanks -
Steve

BTW - I did the tests in Step 15 with no alarm sounded

Assuming Smarthome is properly setup and is monitoring the simulated sensor, the simulated sensor is closed prior to the testing, and all prior intrusion alerts are cleared from the phone app, then system is armed in away status, simulated sensor is opened, it should create an intrusion alert. The alarm wont sound when a prior intrusion was not cleared, that’s a SmartThing idiosyncrasy.

Solved - I forgot to monitor the simulated contact - Thank you for the fast reply - I am one of those Lowes/Iris refugees converting to ST. Thanks Again

1 Like

XHK1-UE keypad
Mitch Pond DTH

If someone could take a quick look at the attached screenshots and tell me what I’m missing I would greatly appreciate it.

The keypad is installed and will work to set and disarm from the keypad. What isn’t working is the keypad lights are not changing when the SHM status is changed via a routine or the SHM control panel. I know that it can be done because when I initially installed ULM (user lock manager) I test the keypad, it worked flawlessly.

Anyway, here are the screenshots from SHM delay 2.0 referencing the modefix section which I believe is the section that controls the keypad lights based on the docs. I do have modefix turned on in global.

Please confirm:

1. There is an active ModeFix profile (this crucial for keeping the keypads in sync when mode and or arm state changes from a non keypad source)
  2. The RBoy DTH is being used for the keypads
  3. In Global Settings, Flag “I am using Rboy Apps Keypad DTH” is on

There is a modefix profile but no, I am not using the Rboy DTh.

I’m using the Mitch Pond DTH. Since the ULM smartapp which was referenced in your thread before your release of SHM delay 2.0 will properly follow the arming modes of SHM, I assumed your app SHM delay 2.0 would do the same. Am I making an incorrect assumption?

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I don’t own a XHK1-UE keypad so I am unable test with the device. I thought this device would not work with Mitch Pond’s DTH. But if the proper lights work when arming from the keypad…

Please go to the IDE->My Devices->click on the keypad’s name (first column) and post (you can send a PM should you prefer) a screen shot of the fields: data thru current states.

Please send a link to the ULM being used. if this was ethayer’s smartapp used in version 1 of SHM Delay, was the conversion process completed?

1 Like

I will do that. I didn’t use your initial delay app. When I originally tried delay 2.0 I had issues so went back to the beginning and started reading looking for answers, all 1000+ posts. That’s where I saw ULM and loaded it up to see what it would do. ULM and Mitch Pond seemef to work very well together. Based on my testing (and a cursury review of the ULM code at lines 1372) it looks like ULM is reading the alarm state directly and then updating the keypad lights accordingly. I only know enough groovy to be dangerous.

What testing I have done with SHM delay 2.0 and Mitch Pond when my wife is not home has shown that if I arm and disarm from the keypad, the keypad will show correct status. If arm/disarm from other methods, the keypad will not update it’s status.

[Update] Mar 27, 2019, 11:10PM EDT

Enhancements and Changes

1. Added: Delay profiles may be set to function only when SmartThings arm state is Away or Stay. Default is to function when armed in Away and Stay, as was done in prior versions. Tag: @illumatti @Pantheon

2. Corrected: Keypad arming status lights not properly set when using ModeFix profile and multiple modes are defined for a SmartThings arm state, then a user defined mode is set. Tag: @oldcomputerwiz

3. Added: the pound sign # may be used as a delimiter when entering multiple phone numbers into an SMS field. Tag: @Showard

4. Added: Debug messages may now be turned on or off for modules SHM Delay and SHM Delay Child. Default is Off.

I urge everyone to stay up to date, please update your system,

How to Install
There are two (2) modules associated with this update.

1. SHM Delay (v2.2.8). Module should be Saved, Published, then Installed with the Smarthings app (must be done first)
  2. SHM Delay Child (v2.1.4) Should be Saved, do not publish or install.
  • Install via the repository (preferred), from the following repo.
    Owner: arnbme (in upper case that is ARNBME)
    Name: SHMDelay
    Branch: Version2

Post Installation
No settings changes are required unless implementing a new feature.

2 Likes

Hi,

I’ve had this in use for quite a while now, and to be honest, never had a problem other than the odd, annoying double-chime when alarm is enabled or disabled.

Recently I decided to take a peek to see if I could sort things out. I presumed the annoyance was due to router issues, or my android box having a hickup, or lannouncer just being old and generally unsupported…the list goes on.

Apparently not.

Basically, if I use big talker to speak on event (SHM status change) I get an instantaneous stutter-free indication of where SHM is at.

If however, I use SHM Delay to say “You have 60 seconds to exit” or, on entering “you have 30 seconds to disable alarm”, the performance is horrible. Back to the old double-chime, double-speak, delayed or non-materialising spoken message,

If I disable the spoken aspects from within SHM delay, I can instead use BigTalker to announce things perfectly. This does however mean messing about with a few talk rules to allow me to have it say “you have xx seconds to disable”, but this would get triggered only if both (a) SHM is away and (b) the front door has opened.

Any ideas? I’m sure at some point it worked just fine.

Further info - I checked all this out (and verified it to be the case both before and after realising you’d pushed an update in march, which I am now running to the exact same effect).

Cheers !

I totally understand the lost speech message issue as it impacted my system, and I recently found my answer. However, I have no idea why messages from SHM Delay don’t work, but those from BigTalker do. I did not have that issue. Part of the problem may be the ST Cloud is having issues.

You mention you are using LanNouncer, therefore I assume you are using Android devices or Amazon Fire tablets. What I found was the Amazon OS was putting Lannouncer to sleep and I could not stop it.

The solution should also be running the Fully Kiosk Browser, is using the Fully Kiosk Browser Controller for sounds and TTS.

Same basic setup as LanNouner, create a virtual device for each target device, then connect to whatever does the sounds and talking. On my system it never misses a spoken message, because there seems to be a speech queue in Fully, but no queue for sounds.

I hope this helps, because my only other suggestion is to reboot the speech device when things get bad.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don’t get a lot of free time to be honest, last night was something of a rarity. I’m quite keen to avoid introducing anything else into the mix for now, although I’m sure I’ll have a go at some point so thanks for the heads up.

Just wanted to stress that the issues are actually immediate and 100% replicable. No amount of reboots, restarts etc matter. If I watch the log window inside of lannouncer, the speech / chime initiated by SHMDelay takes around 10 seconds (or more) to show, at which point it actually arrives in duplicate or even triplicate.

The following event generally doesn’t come at all.

Since swapping to using big talker alone. I. E.

===
Setting alarm on the way out = big talker event on shm status change is “alarm set, you have xx secs to exit”

Reentry = Big talker event on door open (on condition shm status is set to away) is “you have xx secs to disable shm”

====

Not a flicker of a problem.

I am unable to reproduce your system setup without a huge change to my system. However at one time it was similar. When I first setup my system speech worked well, over time with changes to the Amazon OS things deteriorated.

Now my system is a hybrid, most sensors on Hubitat, keypads on ST, both talking to 2 Amazon Fires, and 1 older Smartphone, all with Fully and ActionTiles. I have BigTalker in Hubitat, and SHM Delay in ST. Prior to switching to the Fully TTS method on HE ant ST, things were dicey, messages lost, choppy, and cut off. Now 100% reliable and messages are queued, messages are no longer chopped off when a new message arrives when device is speaking.

You mentioned not wanting to “change the mix”. The reality of using the Fully TTS DTH is it reduces the “mix” by eliminating an app on the target device. Install the ST Fully device, set it up, change the Shm Delay and Big talker speech device, try it, it it does not immediately cure the problem, change the device back to LanNouncer.

BTW one other thing I did on the Fires that helped and is currently set, completely shutdown Alexa, at a minimum turn off Alexa from listening.

However, you found a workaround, by all means use it.

Ah, righto. You may have convinced me. I have a free bit of me time tonight, I may take a peek. Shall report back =)

1 Like

Look forward to your “report”.

I had one additional thought on your issue. I feel it may be due to SHM Delay issuing commands that are delayed for a couple of seconds. For example: on entry delay it optionally issues a siren beep as a warning shot, that by design is delayed by 2 seconds, allowing people to walk into the home and actually hear it. However, I occasionally hear the beep after disarming my system, perhaps 10 seconds later. The issue is the remote ST cloud sometimes super delays executing delayed commands. Speech messages issued by SHM Delay also have delays. The standard version of BigTalker does not support message delays.

What this means. I feel the Fully DTH will improve speech reliability, but it can’t cure ST Cloud processing delays, internet delays, or local network delays.

1 Like