[OBSOLETE] Osram LIGHTIFY GardenSpot Minis rgb - aap version

That’s pretty much how I set up my Piston, so I assume so.

ok, so I’m curious… what are y’all doing with your minis?

I just have mine turn on and turn off… I set the color to blue and then set the saturation to zero.
This caused all three of the led’s to show at the same level… and I get an interesting display of many colors.

That’s your DTH, right?

I would add a parameter to the setHueLoop command:

def setHueLoop(duration = null) {
   if (duration) setLoopTime(duration)
   ...existing code...
}

This way, it can be done in one go.

EDIT: I am assuming the setLoopTime is required at least once?

I have 11 sets sitting in a drawer, waiting for their prime time :slight_smile: no available commands while unplugged lol

If you want to clear up some room… I’m in desperate need of 2 to 4 more sets… I’ll trade you some stuff… even cash!

I have 2 in my backyard. They turn on if they are off & one of the backyard doors open & lux level outside is less than 1100. They then loop through random colors every 2 Mins with a transition time of 10 seconds. They turn off if they are on and one of the backyard doors open.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll update it. Thanks.

1 Like

It was hard for me to get to power outside, so I decided to put one set on my front window sill.

1 Like

I got four sets when they were on a great sale on Amazon… 31.00 per set… for some dumb reason I only ordered 4…

I got 11@$31… i know I need at least 9, will let you know after I install them :wink:

1 Like

Wow! your house is going to light up the neighborhood!

I guess I should wait until after you update your DTH? I’m still having trouble understanding how to setup your pistons with the custom commands. I hope someone can point me to the right directions. Looking at all the options in Core is giving me a headache :slight_smile:

Is it possible to show your pistons and a little explanation on which options to choose? Thanks!

Ok, posted update containing @ady624 (thank you very much) suggested edit to the setHueLoop() function.

Now you should be able to turn on the color loop AND set the loop duration time with a single CoRE action - just call the setHueLoop function and set parameter 1 to the desired number of minutes that you want the loop to last for.

Here’s my Piston using most recent version of my DTH. The parameter 1 that is sent along with the setHue Loop action is the number of minutes that the lights will stay on that color.

1 Like

I have five sets and no earthly idea what to do with them. But, like guns I haven’t touched in 30 years, I have a policy to only acquire; never dispose.

@Jimxenus Like your indoor sill installation. That might work for me in a couple of places.

@infofiend Is it possible to use github integration for your DTH? If so, parameters, please. Thx.

Thanks! The nice thing about this type of installation is if I have the curtains open, I can enjoy the lights from the inside.

I’m missing something very fundamental with the latest setHueLoop custom command. From the discussion and @infofiend 's last piston example, I interpreted the setHueLoop command as the one-and-only command needed to start an infinite loop.

But I have a very simple test piston that sets the level and calls setHueLoop with Parameter #1 set to 1. The result is they turn on, but that’s it; color never changes. Do I still need multiple calls to setRandomHue (which I thought was obsoleted)?

P.S. Is the parameter for number of minutes supposed to be a number or a decimal parameter?

Github integration is possible.

Use Info_fiend / Osram_gSpots / master

1 Like

Thanks for the DH. Your github integration is
Infofiend/Osram_gSpots/master

1 Like

Oops! :sunglasses: