[OBSOLETE] Osram LIGHTIFY GardenSpot Minis rgb - aap version

Glad I wasnt the only one seeing issues turning on lights. :slight_smile: I know it basically never turned them on unless I slid the dimmer. At that point it turned on to that level.

I think I found something.

I am using a piston to trigger the hue random, but it looks like the trigger hue random always also turns on the lights even if the lights were off.

I want to trigger the on and off of lights using smart lighting with motion and a door and a luminance value.

This works, opening door triggers Osram lights but only at night.

But turn them off and I can see the hue random is setting level to 100.

This is reproducible in the smart things app in the Osram device.

Set the level to 0, then hit the random button, and the lights turn on to a random level.

So I modified the core rules so that it does not set random if the light is not on in addition to the device type random loop variable being on.

I think this fixes my issue.

I updated the DTH (now version 1.1) to fix the on/off from the tile. Its available on my github page.

In case anyone else has a problem with zigbee devices, I determined that the on/off wasn’t working because those functions each called sendEvent(…). Not sure why that would cause the function to fail, but it does.

Newbie here, any idea why I am getting the following error:

Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script14705690959671062525687.groovy: 53: expecting ‘}’, found ‘,’ @ line 53, column 33. 52 attribute “colorMode”, “string” ^ 1 error

Correct. You were looking for hueLoop, not the switch.

Are you saving DTH code into a new smartapp? Make sure you create a new device type, from code, paste code there, then click create/save and publish/for me.

@infofiend

Please don’t eat my cookies or hide my keys!

But anyway, updated to your latest device handler and now the level is always 24. If I drag the slider to 100, the slider goes back to 24

Am I doing something wrong?

I get the error when I click on Create under New Device Handler>>From Code

Setting the level from the IOS smarthings app using this device handler.

This is what I am seeing, it looks like as the lights ramp to the level you set, it is sending intermediate values to the smartthings hub, so if you drag the slider form 10% to 100%, the slider will then jump back to 15%, but then later may set to 100%.

I am seeing the same (I think) with the transitions slider. I just installed the DTH this morning and am still trying to understand it.

So I’m very new to Core, in fact this is my second piston that I’m trying to create. I’m already stuck with the very first If statement. How do you turn the “hueloop” attribute on? I’ve looked at practically all the options and I don’t see how to turn it on. Any help would be much appreciated.

If you add an action and select the osram light, then add a task, do you have any options there that hint to a loop? startLoop or something? It may have a small pentagon icon that looks like a house, meaning the command is custom defined by the device…?

Yes, I did see that but from looking at the pistons above, they have statements that look more straightforward. “If garden minilight hueloop is on”. Mine ended up a lot more convoluted.

Can you please point me to the DTH?

The first post has a link.

Try adding two custom commands:

setLoopTime - add one number parameter to it, number of minutes for the loop to last - try 1

setHueLoop - this one has NO parameters, just let it be as is.

Let me know

Thanks for the help man!

Wait, what? Did it work? :wink: