[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

Hiya @joelw135

My logging is down, too - so this is just a hunch and I can’t verify it or I would (I have both an Aqara and an old one).

Any chance that you accidentally are using the Xiaomi Aqara Temp/Humidity Sensor DTH on the original (round one) instead of the plain Xiaomi Temp/Humidity Sensor DTH? I’m only asking because I once saw a similar error when trying to call a non-supported cluster/command on a (failed) DTH I was trying to write.

I’ll test, though once logging back.

Alec

Note that for my Aqara Motion Sensors - it’s 55 minutes on the dot.

(Original Xiaomi Temp hum) This problem is for the original DTH not the Aqara

@joelw135 I also have the “bspranger : Xiaomi Button” DH loaded and found that the bspranger DH also acts as you just mentioned. That’s one of the reasons I’m pretty much camped out on the @a4refillpad DH. Well, that and he fixed the colors so, as my wife would say “It’s more aesthetically pleasing”. I just say it now blends in like all the other things. Thanks for fixing that @a4refillpad.

@veeceeoh @ArstenA Original Xiaomi button) Any one have any ideas on how to fix this? The button always shows pushed, and will not take a real push. At this time I am using the DTH from ArstenA. So what is different with his upper portion? Has anyone looked at this since the biginning of the original post? I hope I am not the only iPhone user here.
0d44ec2d36876119694c3a1ef46d197feadf874e_1_281x499

This should be a global setting in SmartThings. In fact, the SmartThings app used to follow your mobile device’s 12/24 hour clock setting.

I see you’ve posted in a thread regarding this, saying that a support ticket should be opened with SmartThings. Did that happen?

I think it is a way better approach for SmartThings to implement it again, and then device drivers / SmartApps can implement code that uses the system’s settings for 12/24 clock, rather than every device driver / SmartApp having to include a preference setting and use its own method to display 12/24 clock.

Well, mine’s working fine - original round sensor with original DTH - current version- so not sure why you’re having problems. I’m not getting those messages.

(Original Xioami Button) Also are you on Android or IOS? The problem with the button is only on IOS.

Yes I have opened a ticket to support. They have confirmed the bug on ios devices, however this does not apply to the tiles in the DTH. The display of time and date is hardcoded in the devicehandler. I agree that it should be a global setting, but at the moment I dont think its possible to do.

I’m on iOS… will keep checking log to see if it shows…

Interesting Xiaomi Motion Sensor DIY: http://faire-ca-soi-meme.fr/domotique/2017/04/04/detournement-capteur-de-mouvement-xiaomi/

1 Like

Alas if I could only read it. But what I could see looks interesting.

I was talking about the original xiaomi temp/humidity, btw - not the button. I don’t have any installed right now though I will once I clear up some more slots.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffaire-ca-soi-meme.fr%2Fdomotique%2F2017%2F04%2F04%2Fdetournement-capteur-de-mouvement-xiaomi%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Much easier to understand. Great idea all in all. But I did see a reasonable ceiling mount motion a few weeks ago. But it was surface mount. In my home all the ceiling are vaulted on an angle making this project all but impossible.

(Original Xiaomi Button) I put in a request to GitHub for a look into the problem with button showing pushed in IOS and not being usable.

Is there any reason we don’t move the @a4refillpad device handlers to the community area at https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic?

I’ll add an issue on the bspranger github repository and take a look at how a few SmartApps implement their 12/24 hour clock preference setting (I don’t know if any device handlers that offer the setting.)

@veeceeoh (Original Xiaomi Button) What is so different from this code from @a4refillpad and the code from Brian, that makes Brian’s code show pushed all the time. I have tried everything, no luck. It is driving me crazy.

Brian’s code:

I have done this in my Netatmo Connect app.

"HH:mm" will show 24 hour clock and "h:mm aa" will show 12 hour with am/pm

2 Likes