[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

I didn’t move either unit. They are mounted. It is important for me to have accurate temp and humidity as I grow Bonsai. I have a Netatmo weather station, and I have it calibrated. So when I test a sensor I place them next to the Netatmo. Wait a few hours until the sensor stabilizes. I then know the offset. both of mine are 5 to low.

Then why the humidity changed from 66% to 39%? And the temperature drop 0.5 F

Suddenly it still doesn’t help to understand the reporting issue.

I don’t know what is going on. All I know is that it was working well except for the Humidity not correct. This last update killed something. I guess Brian or Keith will look at the code tomorrow, when he sees these posts.

Try now I pushed an update

I get an IDE error when I try to update it.

3rd times a charm… maybe?

This is what I get for trying to write code on a cellphone…

(Original Temp Hum) I hate doing anything important on my iPhone. To easy to screw up. This updated, and I changed my humidity offset to +5. I hope this works. In the IDE the log shows the Humidity as 33% I will push the button and see if it update to 38%.

(Original Temp hum) OK the humidity updated, but the logs show an error. Here is the log.

Do you see the strange two humidity readings top two lines. The true amount is 38% calibrated off my Netatmo Weather Station.
U
My other sensor doesn’t report at all even after button is pressed. No temp or Humidity. I have the offset on it also.

Let’s wait a while maybe delayed. My Den sensor just reported the temp & humidity but error still in logs.

(Original Temp Hum) OK Garage temp reported, but error keeps showing up.
09 AM

As a note a really easy way to to test temp/humidity sensor is to just plain old breathe (“hotly” :slight_smile: ) on it - you should see it reporting almost instantly with higher temp/humidity and then reverting when you get out of its face and its atmosphere returns to normal. y

In my experience they really only do report when there’s a change in temperature or humidity - I’ve had them go for days without reporting because the temperature was being kept at exactly the same level. Again, as soon as I breathed on them they’d click right in.

Alec

Yes I see no set pattern to them reporting, but before this update it was about every hour, unless there was a change. it could be just a coincidence. I just wonder what the error in IDE means.

Brian, the other contributors, and myself have been trying to find any way possible to control the reporting of Xiaomi sensors, but after a bunch of testing and research, came to the conclusion that they ignore any commands to configure reporting. This means the SmartThings mobile app refresh button for any Xiaomi devices has no purpose. So it was removed from all of the DTHs in one of yesterday’s updates.

The bottom line is these sensors will report according to the way Xiaomi designed them to report. For the check-in and battery reports it’s every 60 minutes for the older “original” Xiaomi sensors, and for the Aqara sensors, 50 minutes. Otherwise, they report when they detect a change. For the Temp/Humidity sensors, from what I’ve seen in user’s logs, etc. it seems to be any time there’s a 1% change in humidity, .1-.2 change in temp, and pressure… no idea. It’s not time-based, it’s change based, with the exception of temp/humidity/pressure reports may come at the same time as some battery reports.

@veeceeoh (Original temp Hum) Any idea what the error in the logs is?

That ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error is strange. It doesn’t seem to happen consistently. I will have to have a look at the code to see what I can figure out. Brian is much more familiar with the Temp/Humidity sensor DTHs though since he has one.

Just set up 3 Aqara leak sensors with this DH - all paired smoothly with the recommended button sequence and, after first checkin, are reporting 100% with the stock batteries. Thanks for all the work @ArstenA and @veeceeoh!

2 Likes

Thank you for this! It would also be nice to be able to select time format :slight_smile:

You mean like 12 vs 24 hour or even more variations?

I was thinking 12 vs 24 hours

Thanks, at this time my IDE Live Logging has been down, and for many other users. So I haven’t been able to view the logs.

@veeceeoh @Arsten (Original Xiaomi Button) Ok I have been using another DTH for my button on IOS as there is still a problem. The Button shows pushed all the time and it doesn’t work at all. Is there a fix for this? Here is my screenshot.
Image-1