[OBSOLETE] Neo Coolcam Siren

I’m not seeing the option to use it as a dimmer switch. Please find below my install from the ST IDE, the ST app, and then my options within webcore. Thanks again for all your help with this.

![IMG_5517|281x499](upload://gc k5I6Gh2kyiyJSxZFhV2kSMesM.png)

If you select the device in the SmartApp Smart Lighting, does it show a dimmer/level option?

That’s odd because when I select it in WebCoRE it gives me the option “Set level…”.
This is probably unrelated, but setting the level plays the sound so you don’t want to use the “Turn On” action before it.

You might want to go back into the WebCoRE settings in the SmartApp and select the device again, just in case it didn’t identify it properly the first time.

Got it working! Thanks for your help. It was a webcore issue. I had made it available as a sensor but not an actuator. When I added actuator, then it had dimming capability. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi, I have the Neo Coolcam Green version installed with your latest handler, it seems that the “duration” parameter is not working.

Here is what I want to achieve use webCoRe. Siren sound 80% will keep on when motion is detected until Smartthings button is pressed. Currently siren will stop automatically in about 1 minute.

Open live logging, set that setting to the unlimited option, save, and post the live logging results.

hey I just got the version with red LEDs and this device handler works great so far! I can select the various tones using dimmer, just one question, I want to use it as a door chime but the chime repeats for around 30 seconds continuously, is there a way to get it to stop after one or two chimes as 30 seconds is too long for me? Thanks.

How are you activating it?

I set it up in the smart lighting app, being triggered by a motion sensor, but might want to change it to a contact sensor later.
I selected “turn on and set level” and set dimmer level 4% for the chime I wanted.

For what it’s worth, using as door chime will kill the batteries very quickly [2-3 weeks] and the battery level readings in the app are NEVER accurate. You will only know that the batteries are dead when the device stops responding & it won’t show being offline - it just won’t respond.

Thanks for heads up on battery life, I can plug it in to socket, main issue I need to resolve is when it chimes it I want it to do so once or twice, not for 30 seconds continusly. If anyone can help with how to get it to Do that please? Must be a way…

What are you using for the chime repeat setting?

The chime repeat setting I’m using is 1. (Default) and I have also tried 2 and 3.

If this is the only chime you plan on using then set the Turn On Action setting to 4 and use “turn on” instead of “turn on and set level”. Either that or disable the turn on action setting and continue using it like a level to play the sounds.

I have no clue if that will solve anything, but if the SmartApp is executing the on command and the set level command then that might cause problems.

Tried all the above but still can’t get it to only chime once or max for 5seconds. Is there a way I could change the code so the 30seconds option in the menu becomes 5 seconds?

If you manually change the level from the device details page, do all the sounds stay on for a while?

If you remove // from the log.trace line at the very bottom of the code, open live logging, trigger your automation, wait for it to stop, filter the results by the siren, and then post the results, that would help me see what’s going on.

It would also be helpful if you posted a screenshot of the device settings page.

Hi guys. I just received a couple of Neo Coolcam Sirens (blue LED) which I bought because they seemed similar to my existing DOME siren which I like. I’ve added the device handler and for the life of me I can’t get this paired with my hub. I usually don’t have any issues with new devices. Any thoughts?

Go into the hub section and use the general exclusion or just factory reset the device.

If that doesn’t work, remove the custom handler, join the device, and then add the custom back to the IDE and change the “Type” field in the device details page of the IDE to my handler.

Sorry, but the device never gets discovered in the first place, so there is nothing to exclude. I remove and replace the batteries, there is a blue light that blinks four times meaning it’s pairing, the hub green light blinks too, but no discovery. It appears impossible to join these two sirens. Now, my legacy app is telling me to move over to the new SmartThings app - so I’m wondering if it may work there. That’s my next step I think.

When you’re unable to join a device, even if it’s a brand new device, the first thing you should do is perform a general exclusion or factory reset it. The factory reset procedure should be in the manual, but it’s usually something like push the button 10x or hold it for 15 seconds.

If that doesn’t work then unplugging the hub sometimes fixes it.

You can use the new mobile app and continue using the classic mobile app. I believe the migration part is specific to Smart Home Monitor feature. I’ve been using both mobile apps for over a year…

can someone guild me how to get neo coolcam siren up with this DH?

1. i add the DH to my account after i login
  2. i use my phone app to pair new device to ST hub V3
  3. i edit the NeoCoolcam in MyDevice type to the new DH added earlier

Is this correct?