[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

I tell mine to “turn garage door on” and it works since it sees it as a switch and not a true garage door.

I then made a routine that says “A, open the garage door” and it turns on that switch.

1 Like

Thanks, Kevin – the “turn garage door on” didn’t work for me, but I did the routine bit, and it seems to be working. I have a mighy mule gate opener, and still had that skill turned on (though it won’t open the gate K), and I think it may have been intercepting. That part works great now!

Now any thoughts on the lights?

No clue there. I thought the light was solely for safety when it was about to close the door, but I have the hub only.

No – this one is a light like would normally be on a garage door opener, but since the opener is wall mounted, it’s a separate unit that communicates wirelessly (I think to the push-button on the wall), and you have to pair it to that.

Is the light controllable via the native MyQ app? If it does not show up there, I’m afraid there’s not much we can do to integrate.

Is this working for the new ST app yet? My opener and closer buttons work in the old app but not the new.

sorry for the delay - had to call Chamberlain support. Apparently there is no way to add the remote light kit to the app, so I guess it is not going to work… :frowning: Thank you for the response, and your app - it is nice to have Alexa integration to open/close the door at any rate!

What is the limitation of reading the sensor that comes with MyQ? I assume the hub has access to it and their app uses their included sensor. So the Hub must know the status of the sensor. Is it that you have no API support for the HUB?

The limitation is not having a way for MyQ to “push” the sensor value to SmartThings. Some people have gotten clever and used the IFTTT integration with MyQ and have it trigger a virtual switch, which then sets the door state.

The only other way would be to frequently poll the MyQ API to get the door status, and ST/Chamberlain explicitly stopped SmartApps from doing that.

Is anyone else having trouble with MyQ? I’m not able to log in even with the native MyQ app…

Just checked mine - it is working

Hey @brbeaird , so like a couple of others have said I’m having a problem with the new app ( and the classic to some extent). The on/ off switch doesn’t work in either one, it just shows the status as “opening”or “closing” but doesn’t actually trigger the door. The momentary buttons work just fine in the classic app and therefore work fine for Alexa. It’s my understanding that momentary is not supported in the new app and they are not available for action. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for all you do.

The MyQ service was having some issues earlier today across the board - those seem to have been fixed now, which may help you.

I am in the process of converting the code from momentary to standard switch. Hoping to have an update for that next week.

2 Likes

Good morning all - I found some time this morning to push out an update. This converts the opener/closer momentary buttons to virtual switches, which work with the new app. They essentially behave the same - when you activate them to turn them on, the SmartApp triggers the event and then immediately turns the switch back off.

You will need to remove your existing momentary opener/closer buttons. To do this, you can either go into and manually remove the devices individually or you can open the MyQ SmartApp setup and tap through the “modify devices” option, unchecking the “Create separate on/off switches” option and then going through it again, checking them, and having them recreated.

2 Likes

You’re the best. Heading to do the update now! Again, thank you so much for what you do. We really do appreciate it.

@brbeaird,

I’ve reinstalled the app and I’ve moved off of momentaries and now use a pin in Alexa. I was working around that before with Alexa routines.

Over in the new app, I have my garage doors appear as locks and that works fine from the Smart Lock Guest access card. Unfortunately, I cannot add these to a scene or automation like my door locks. They don’t appear as a selection and I cannot control directly from the device either.

Edit: Spelling

Brian,

I updated to the new version added the Virtual Switch Device Handlers and removed and re- added the push button open close switches. Both the open an the close constantly show as on and pressing them moves to turning off, but then nothing happens. Refreshing the screen shows them on again.

You might try opening the IDE live logging while you tap the button to see if you’re hitting an error somewhere.

I’m not entirely sure this is related, but I see two of these after I hit the button – there is some delay before they print though:

EchoApp (v3.0.2.1) | There was an error while parsing the response: Unauthorized

Thanks for a great App BTW.

I figured it out. I had added the Virtual Switch from your GitHub Repository. Once I reassigned the devices to the built in Virtual Switch everything started working.

Thansk again!

1 Like