Would you like to set up a TV/Game access schedule for your kids?
Instead of arguing with your kids about turning off/on the TV/Game Console, you can now program it to turn on/off at specific times during the week.
- You can easily limit the amount of TV/Game console time during the week to ensure that homeworks and studies get done.
- For example, at my home, during the week, the TV linked to the console only turns on at 6h pm and shuts down at 7h30 pm. This ensures that all homeworks or chores are completed beforehand. Those schedule times were defined in consultation with the kids to avoid conflicts as much as possible.
- Other access control parameters can be used such as weather conditions (raining/snowing, humidity index, min/max temperature thresholds).
- TV or Game Console hooked up to a ST-connected switch so that the smartapp can send the on/off commands to it.
- ST WeatherStation such as this one (optional):
GitHub - yracine/device-type.weatherstation: An internet-based weather station device for your Hub (or pre-defined) location.
- Flexible schedule definition: you can define up to 12 schedules for your home (weekdays, evenings, nights, weekends, etc.)
- For each schedule, ST users can define the start & end times for the kids’ TV or Game Console Access
- You can set your schedules to run only for some ST hello modes (ex. ‘Away’, ‘Home’, ‘Night’, or your own customized hello modes)
- For each schedule, you can define if the TV or Game Console Switch is also controlled by the weather conditions (ex. raining/snowing or minimum/maximum temperature or humidity thresholds may be additional criteria to turn on/off the TV/Game Console).
- You can define a default behavior (ex. always on/off in general settings)
- Multiple switches can be controlled at the same time!
The smartapp is available for download at:
If you do not know how to create a custom smartapp, please refer to
P.S. Technical support packages are also available (optional).