[OBSOLETE] Jasco/GE Z-Wave Plus On/Off Switch (14291) With Double-Tap and Associations

Nope

Here’s the quickstart for the 14292: https://byjasco.com/sites/default/files/product/manuals/14292%20QSG%20v1.pdf

And the 14291:

Note in the paddle 14291, there’s a small pop out button on the bottom left of the controller and on the bottom right, the led (I know - hard to tell in the black and white line drawing)

There are no such things on the toggle 14292

Will this DTH work with other ZWave plus dimmers that support the double and triple tap features? (Like the GoControl one)

Thank you. I was pretty sure it didn’t since I couldn’t get it to turn on. Just wanted to confirm before I exchanged it for a decora style. I’m using it for my whole house humidifier, so the indicator was pretty useful.

I’m still having an issue with the double-tap not working with remote switches connected to one of these on/off switches. I have an on/off switch with three of the remote switches, and another with a single remote switch, and the double-tap works on the main switch, but doesn’t work with any of the remote switches.

However I also have several of the GE Z-Wave dimmer switches (using the DTH from the other page) and the remote switches for those (not all of them have remotes) work just fine with the double-tap.

I’m not sure whether it’s somehow a DTH problem, or whether (seems more likely) it’s a firmware issue.
Has anyone had any luck getting the double-tap “buttons” to work with remote switches wired to the on/off switches ?

Hello, hoping to get some advice. I bought this switch,

https://m.lowes.com/pd/GE-Z-Wave-Plus-15-amp-Single-Pole-3-way-Wireless-White-Almond-Rocker-Indoor-Light-Switch/1000241629

I changed the DTH to this code. I am trying to associate the switch to an in wall relay but it just will not work. Only thing that seems different than what’s mentioned here, my switch doesn’t list fw version in the IDE like everyone else’s seems to.

Here is the device in trying to control

Here is what I get when turning the switch on

And here is a double tap

When including the switch, it always picked the ge switch device handler, never this one. It is NOT close to my hub, so it is most likely pairing through other devices, if that could be an issue.

My Raw Description seems to be different than everyone else’s (model: 3032, no firmware reported) and I can’t get the switch to physically trigger double-tap up or down.

@nuttytree With this device handler webCore doesn’t recognize this as a light. With the default device handler webCore recognizes it as both a switch and a light (and other things). With this device handler it is recognized as a light but as only as a switch (and the other things). Is this intended and what consequences will this have if I have switched an existing switch from the out-of-the-box device handler to this one?

@nuttytree I have the toggle version of this switch (14292) and have it paired using this device handler. The device reports as follows:

zw:L type:1001 mfr:0063 prod:4952 model:3037 ver:5.20 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,56,86,72,5A,85,59,73,25,27,70,2C,2B,7A role:05 ff:8700 ui:8700

I added an association to groups 2 and 3 but neither of them work when I use the app. If i use the physical switch and single tap, the device and it’s association turn on, but if i turn the light on via the app, only the connected light turns on, not the associated one too.

Same with double tap. If i double tap the physical switch the associated light turns on, however neither of the double tap buttons do anything from the app. If I look at the “recent” tab it shows that I pressed it but nothing happens.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Side question, is it possible to add the switch itself into the associated group 3? As in, I want the double tap to turn on both this light and it’s association, but when I do it, only the associated light turns on not the one directly controlled by the switch.

I’m new to this, but I read somewhere in this thread that there was an early version of this z-wave plus switch that doesn’t support the double tap feature. That could be your problem.

I understand that you can use double-tap to turn other devices on, but can this handler be used on a dimmer switch to make double-tap set the lights to full brightness immediately?

With some intervention yes. The DTH will expose additional ‘buttons’ 9n this device. Use your favorite method to automate responding to those buttons triggering.

@nuttytree - Do you have any plans for adding support for the GE Zwave Plus Fan Controller? I can donate one to the cause if you are interested and need a device. Here is what the RAW description shows on one of mine.

zw:L type:1101 mfr:0063 prod:4944 model:3034 ver:3.10 zwv:3.67 lib:06 cc:26,27,70,86,72

1 Like

Hi Timothy,

Did you ever figure out what the issue with your switch that stopped reporting after a while is? I am having the same issue with a 14292 switch. Worked like a dream when first installed but a day later just doesn’t report. Really frustrating.

Thanks,

• Ryan

@nuttytree

I’m using version 0.16 of this device handler…is that the latest version?

The double tap works perfectly even when I tap quickly.

However, I’m having 2 different issues. With GE Jasco dimmers Model 14294-2 (date code 1725), they won’t reliably report the correct status of the light. The light turns off when using the smartthings app, However to get the virtual “on” button in smartthings app to turn off, I have to press the “button” again.

Also, with dimmer Model 14294-3 (date code 1806), the device handler doesn’t appear to work at all.

If I set Group 3 associations using the custom handler and then convert back to the stock dimmer handler, the associations remain and I can double click without having the “on” button out of sync problem. I presume this is because the associations are stored in the device itself and are not being overwritten simply by changing back to a handler with fewer features.

Any insights on these issues would be helpful. thanks, John.

Just wanted to say thanks to the DTH developer. After reading this entire thread, I was finally able to accomplish my goal of using double tap to activate a routine (which turns a bunch of lights off, and other lights on), via webCoRE. The associations option is really nice, but I have virtual switches and zigbee devices mixed in with my routine, so I had to use webCoRE as a middle man. Thanks!

I have the same issue! My 2 14291 work fine. My 14292 (the toggle variant) stopped reporting status and I’m unable to control it from the app. It continues to work from the physical switch at least.

Not sure what my actual problem was, but I relocated my switch from the second floor to the first floor and it seems to work well / consistently now. Maybe it was some sort of range issue, i don’t know.

Except in my case it’s literally 4 ft away. I fixed it temporarily by cycling power to the switch. This switch is moody, it has locked up with the default handler couple of times before. In one case it stopped responding to remote commands, in another it even stopped responding to actually toggle pushes.

Will this device driver work for the z-wave plus fan switches?

First Thank you for your work. This DTH is great.

Question: I have two essentially identical GE Z-Wave plus in wall switches with apparently the same firmware:

Switch 1: zw:L type:1001 mfr:0063 prod:4952 model:3036 ver:5.20 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,56,86,72,5A,85,59,73,25,27,70,2C,2B,7A

Switch 2: zw:L type:1001 mfr:0063 prod:4952 model:3036 ver:5.20 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,56,86,72,5A,85,59,73,25,27,70,2C,2B,7A role:05 ff:8700 ui:8700

The first switch will create a Group 2 association with no problem. Works great. (thanks again).

Associations do not work for the second switch. I have looked at this for hours and the only difference I can find is that the second switch has a role, form factor and icon type. I don’t know how they got there, or what they are.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going wrong? I have so much time into this, I ready to just buy another switch, but I would really like to understand why this is happening if possible.

Thanks!!!