[OBSOLETE] Hue Accessories and rooms using Hue Bridge (TAP, Motion Sensor, Dimmer Switch) [DEPRECATED]

Yes, I do not make a distinction between the types, they can all be
linked.

met vriendelijke groeten,

Martin

Nearly off topic but linked…

I’ve got a room where the kid sleeps and reads, with 2 motion sensors (1 hue, 1 ST motion sensor), a hue light and a hue dimmer.

I’d like the light to turn on on motion, and off when motion stops, but stay on if the first button in the dimmer is pressed, and only off if the last button is pressed.

So far it will only turn on for a few seconds and then turn off, unless i manually turn the light on in the smartthings app…

I’m currently using CoRE, but am making the change to Webcore… how can i accomplish this?

Also, I’d like the light to be different colors, depending on the time…

All ideas welcome!

I don’t know core. But only react to start motion if the light is off
should be possible from what I see on the forum.

Op 30 jul. 2017 22:45 schreef “Daniel Consuegra” <
smartthings@discoursemail.com>:

danielccm https://community.smartthings.com/u/danielccm Daniel Consuegra
https://community.smartthings.com/u/danielccm
July 30

Nearly off topic but linked…

I’ve got a room where the kid sleeps and reads, with 2 motion sensors (1
hue, 1 ST motion sensor), a hue light and a hue dimmer.

I’d like the light to turn on on motion, and off when motion stops, but
stay on if the first button in the dimmer is pressed, and only off if the
last button is pressed.

So far it will only turn on for a few seconds and then turn off, unless i
manually turn the light on in the smartthings app…

I’m currently using CoRE, but am making the change to Webcore… how can i
accomplish this?

Also, I’d like the light to be different colors, depending on the time…

All ideas welcome!

This is brilliant Martin! Almost saved me throwing my dimmers away (ok I would have sold them rather than bin them)

Since the “bad” firmware update 18, my dimmers failed to stay connected using the same DTH I was before. Yours has saved me :slight_smile: Many thanks!
However, I’m having some speed issues here. From push to action, its taking on average 7 seconds.

Rebooted my hub, and tried again, pretty much the same.
I switched the functions to Smart Lighting app, rather than CoRE (just in case) and same again.

Any ideas what may speed up the process?

Cheers
Roy

Only one option currently in the app to have that enhanced, place a ST or ST connected motion sensor near to it and connect it to the dimmer. It will then poll 15 x 1 second in a row after motion detected.

just uploaded 1.05, give it a go…it will be faster.

Version 1.05
Add immediate poll after motion sensed instead of waiting 1 second
increased elevated polling
scenecycle checking of the dimmer

PS what DTH were you using before?
PSPS make sure you hit done in the app, as the code might have changed some subscriptions, alternatively you can click Update in the IDE under Installed Smartapps in My Locations

Many thanks Martin, this is working better. I did a zwave repair and also rebooted the hub (just in case). As they are turning on some zwave sockets.

The DTH I was using before the update is this but since the update, they stay connected for a few hours then drop off. My only solution prior to installing yours, was a reset of the dimmer each time.

Like I say, it has certainly speeded things up, and I guess that can only be speeded up so much, as I am using the Hue bridge, ST hub to zwave socket. But much better thanks.,

My logging is showing its far quicker than it is in reality, so maybe I have some issues locally which I’ll dig into.

Cheers
Roy

I’m going crazy between the Hue app wanting to control the dimmer and lights and my wanting to use ST for that control. I can’t see a way to make the Hue app not do anything with the keypresses in the dimmer. Any ideas?

Deselect all rooms on the dimmer switch in the hue app and save, works for
me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see in the logs, in the Hue Sensor (connect) section this line over and over:

error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘name’ on null object @ line 404

followed by:

Motion Sensor 15659D/sensor/5 null

but the dimmer is nowhere to be found…

That worked… I think… I still need to see the device in the logs

Hi Daniel, thanks for noticing,I will take a look. What version of the Hue Sensor app are you running? The latest is 1.05. line 404 no longer has name in it in 1.05. Could you load new version and see if problem is still there? thx!

I was running an outdated version… my bad…

I updated with github and I get this error, along with other non error messages:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘name’ on null object @ line 461

Thx. Now I know where to look🤔

1 Like

Just committed 1.06 to github, it seems i was already working on some other bugs and cleaning as well. Could you please do the github thing again and let me know the line of the error (now we should be in sync) …

1 Like

Bang! No Errors… just some notifications on devices found… awesome work!

Question! How many buttons are accessible on the dimmer from this app? I only see 4 on the device itself, but somewhere in the code I’ve seen up to 32???

You might want to refresh the code for the device handlers as well. It probably provides you with the additional buttons. If you read a little upward in this thread you see how it should work. It actually looks at the scene cycle of Hue.

So does this mean that I should program only the 10-14 buttons and ignore the 1-9?

Ugh! Tried deleting the hue sensor connect app to restart all over, and it won’t allow me to delete it…

Are the child devices used in automations? If so get them out, otherwise the app can’t be removed…

1 Like