[OBSOLETE] - Hive (Connect) V3.2c (British Gas Hive)

Yeah i agree with SmartThings and its security i only really bought it for the automation of things and fiddling about with things lol
i’ve not really been into hive to be honest either i always fancied the Nest but saw a offer and went for it and am really pleased with it and only recently found out about the other devices they do.
ill keep a look out for that hive 360 it looks promising. But blink has always took my fancy but was put off with the over inflated price of it when it always seemed to be on offer in the US :frowning:

I was bitten by Nest once and never again when we had one of their early Nest Protects and it told us our flat was burning down only to find out (thank goodness) after multiple near heart attacks and seizures and an expensive taxi home that it wasn’t. Needless to say I wrote a stinking letter to them and they not only refunded my year-old Nest Protect but also my taxi fare and the double gin and tonic that I was rudely forced to leave in the pub when I had to scarper.

I would highly rate the Blinks (well the indoor ones anyway, as I don’t have any of the more expensive external ones yet). I think they’re actually pretty good value for money, given that they provide free cloud storage and can be used almost anywhere with no hassles of wires. I love the fact I don’t have tons of video to trawl through and I only get to view a short clip of exactly what caused the motion alert which is all I’m personally interested in. The fact I can still view the video from the cloud even if the thieving swine has nicked the Blink camera that recorded it is a welcome bonus. And depending on how many you need they start at £80 each for a pack of 5 and I don’t know of any high quality wireless camera with built in motion detection and free cloud storage for that price. It’s a bit weird that Amazon now own them though, so it will be interesting to see what they do with them going forward.

1 Like

What happens with the blink cameras if your internet goes down ? Can they not be used.

Richard, that’s great news. Means I should be able to use all of my existing Hive products.

I’ve got a techy background so should be able to get this all up and running but is there any guides on installing smart apps / devices etc for this hub ?

Just off out to Malins to get a Sammy Hub. Thanks again :+1::+1:

That’s right, Blink cams can’t be used if internet goes down, just like SmartThings devices that don’t execute locally. However I’ve got a router with a pay as you go SIM in it for backup. I just need battery backup for my router and I’ll be sorted.

1 Like

Hi Richard, after some fiddling I finally got all of my Hive devices up and running. The Samsung Smart Home Monitor is incredible and exactly why I switched these devices away from Hive and onto Smartthings. Finally I have a proper working alarm system that I can control properly. A couple of things :-

1. For the Hive sensors, you need to press the tamper switch constantly until the red led goes out, then you’re ready to pair with Smartthings

2. There’s no battery level reporting - this surely must be a limitation of the device handlers - maybe time to dust off the old dev skills and get my fingers into the code :slight_smile:

Thanks again Richard - much appreciated.

@Alyc100

Did something on the Hive beekeeper API change… my Connect has stopped working.

Logs show only this as “unusual”

10:09:45 PM: info Body: [[id:547920aa-ee00-4503-8ab7-13cfd78bc63a, lastSeen:1519510105501, created:1518807281401, sortOrder:1, state:[schedule:[wednesday:[[start:390, value:[target:20]], [start:510, value:[target:7]], [start:720, value:[target:7]], [start:840, value:[target:7]], [start:990, value:[target:20]], [start:1320, value:[target:7]]], thursday:[[start:390, value:[target:20]], [start:510, value:[target:7]], [start:720, value:[target:7]], [start:840, value:[target:7]], [start:990, value:[target:20]], [start:1320, value:[target:7]]], monday:[[start:390, value:[target:20]], [start:510, value:[target:7]], [start:720, value:[target:7]], [start:840, value:[target:7]], [start:990, value:[target:20]], [start:1320, value:[target:7]]], sunday:[[start:390, value:[target:20]], [start:510, value:[target:7]], [start:720, value:[target:7]], [start:840, value:[target:7]], [start:990, value:[target:20]], [start:1320, value:[target:7]]], saturday:[[start:390, value:[target:20]], [start:510, value:[target:7]], [start:720, value:[target:7]], [start:840, value:[target:7]], [start:990, value:[target:20]], [start:1320, value:[target:7]]], friday:[[start:390, value:[target:20]], [start:510, value:[target:7]], [start:720, value:[target:7]], [start:840, value:[target:7]], [start:990, value:[target:20]], [start:1320, value:[target:7]]], tuesday:[[start:390, value:[target:20]], [start:510, value:[target:7]], [start:720, value:[target:7]], [start:840, value:[target:7]], [start:990, value:[target:20]], [start:1320, value:[target:7]]]], frostProtection:7, name:Receiver 1, target:21, boost:null, mode:MANUAL], parent:d8d341b6-2d1fe435844d0e, type:heating, props:[pmz:OK, holidayMode:[enabled:false, start:null, end:null, temperature:7], model:SLR1, previous:[target:21, mode:MANUAL], scheduleOverride:false, capabilities:[INFORMATION, RENAME, HOLIDAY_MODE, BOOST, OPTIMUM_START], zone:d8d341b6-2db-11e435844d0e, temperature:20.41, version:08104640, online:true]], [id:0f778fd7-cec9-443e-af3d-ce0b65f8, lastSeen:1519507992666, created:15...[TRUNCATED]
  10:09:45 PM: info Status: 200
 10:09:41 PM: info Body: [error:NOT_FOUND]
  10:09:41 PM: info Status: 404
  10:09:41 PM: debug Beginning API POST: /nodes/heating/f7e6be41-5844-857d084daddb, [target:22]
  10:09:41 PM: debug isLoggedIn state

Just implemented this and the connect app now cannot seem to login to hive. Whats the deal?

1 Like

Im having a problem with scenes. Any hive bulb I have does not come on if the scene has a brightness setting. If it has just on rather than brightness it works. Has something changed recently with smartthings scenes maybe ?

Hi guys, first post on here and my first attempt at adding something in ST so please be gentle.

I only have Hive heating, no bulbs etc so I only added the
Hive Connect 3.0 Smart App
Hive Heating 3.0 DH
Hive Hot Water 3.0 DH

When I go onto the app it allows me to authenticate ok with Hive and finds my receiver for the Heating and Hot Water but when I click save it says Hive Connect is now installed and automating, 10 seconds later it says unexepected error has occurred.

PLEASE HELP :frowning:

What version is it showing that you’re on?
Go to the select devices part of the smart app does it show the thermostat to select?

I was just offered the new Hive Hub 360, which actually looks quite brilliant to me. It can detect sounds (e.g. smoke alarms) in the house and send a recorded audio file through the hive app. If integrated with Smartthings, which I’m using via Hive Connect since 2016, this would be really useful for me. My smoke alarms for instance are not connected to Smartthings (I didn’t want to change 4 of them around the house, since they’re working perfectly). And there could be other sounds to report on while we are away (e.g. our traditional non-Smartthings alarm siren, loud sounds of any type, etc). Is the Hive Hub 360 going to work with this smartapp? Huge thanks.

Hi,

I’m on the Hive beta program - Is it possible to use this? I’m assuming I need to point it to Hive’s beta environment for account linking/logging in, but I can’t see where that’s set.

Any help/advice appreciated.

I don’t think you need to point it anywhere just sign in with your hive username and password.

Like I say, I’m on the beta program - my username/password wasn’t working.

I’ve just updated the code to point to the beta beekeeper API and it’s now working.

Hey

I bought the samsung smart things hub today so im a bit new to this. I am trying to install the hive connect to my account in the https://graph.api.smartthings.com/. I followed the instructions and the codes installed successfully and published. When I go into the my apps section on my phone, it doesnt appear there?

I am using an iPhone. I have tried force closing the app and i also tried signing out and back in. everything installed ok and published ok. is there a setting i have to change or do i need to input my hive login in the code?

Paul

You need the European site https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com

do you figure this out as im having the same issues

How did you get the Hive offers. Am a BG homecare customer and get DVD rewards. The best is the Hive thermostat plan with 10 months at £20 with a free plug which seems tempting, but only comes with the old Hive hub, so will have to pay £99 extra for the new 360 hub with sound detection which does not seem worth it? Do you just get a text alarm and have to work out what the sound clip is. It does not seem to analyse the sound as an alarm?

Notice Smartthings Vodafone Spain are selling a pack with a Fibaro smoke detector which may be a better way to go. They said they will later be selling a Smartthings compatable thermostat but not which one?

These instructions no longer work :frowning:
I am stuck at point 8 on the install list and the marketplace is now gone; the smartthings classic app is no longer downloadable and the smartthings app does not have this option any more.
So… I am at the https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com website and adding a new device manually but it needs the network ID, which I do not know how to get.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Rich