[OBSOLETE] Foscam Camera Device Handler Universal DTH with Motion Detection - SD (FI89xx), HD Ambarella FI98xx, FI99xx, Cx, Gx, Rx, Ex, Zx, Fosbaby

Hey @RBoy are you aware of this display bug? This is on iOS.

Yes, please report it to ST support so they can fix it in the next release of the iOS app (though if you ask me, I’d be more concerned they might break something else trying to fix this ;), so maybe just live with it ;))

Will do! Any technical mumbo jumbo I should include so they don’t blame the app?

I think you have it. It’s the screenshot. If you can compare to the android great

RBoy - All is working well with my new Foscam setup. I’ve got the SmartApp set to check the motion alarm every 5 seconds. But every time it checks for motion the app sends a comment to the activity feed with “Foscam Motion Alarm Monitor” I realize that its not a motion trigger but its just checking for motion. Is there any way to turn off this activity feed?

No it’s from the ST platform, requested ST to provide an option to disable but no response.

###Foscam Camera Universal Device Handler - version 2.6.4

• Allow for no password in settings (not recommended, but allowed now)

###Foscam Motion Alarm Monitor SmartApp - version 2.6.0

• (no changes)

@RBoy I have a trick that uses the sendEvent(device, map) functionality of SmartThings to avoid the notification static if you are interested. You first need a parse method in your device handler with a map parameter:

def parse(Map description) {
createEvent([name:"$description.name", value:"$description.value"])
}

You then send a an event from your SmartApp like so:

sendEvent(motionDeviceObject, [name:“motion”, value:“active”])

Here is the before and after on this trick that I use for some of my SmartApps:

@RBoy can you clarify what the middle and right tile on the first row signify? I just setup a new Foscam C1 and am going to be using it as a motion sensor, so I’m making sure I understand the current settings (and possible settings) for the device. Thanks!

1 Like

Middle - LED state
Right - Motion Detection

Thanks!

20 char

1 Like

Folks who are installing/configuring this from the Android SmartThings App use this work around for the number input bug. While entering the port number for some users the ST app will complain that the user hasn’t entered all the fields. This is because of the bug in the latest ST phone app which expects atleast 3 digits while entering a number, so if you want to enter 88, then you need to enter 088. If you’re facing this issue, please report it to ST support (support@smartthings.com).

Yet to come, LIVE streaming with resolution options… (awaiting green light from ST to release this)

1 Like

Please… Please… Live streaming!!!

1 Like

I have two V2 hubs (at 2 locations). At one location, I have Foscam FI9828’s and FI8921W’s. The other location the only Foscam I have is a C1.

Hub v1 and 2 Foscam devices (8910W & FI9821P)

Thanks folks we have a few BETA testers. I would request the participants to keep this confidential for now on request from the ST folks until they have ironed out the issues but do send me your feedback so we make this better.

I have Hub v2 and Foscam IQ (China domestic version of C1) - if you are still looking for beta testers.

1 Like

Will live streaming also support clips and using the hub’s video buffer for security notifications (such as with supported cameras)? Or will this be a device page only streaming?

The streaming is not tied into the hub video core at all. This means you cannot record using SHM and the hub doesn’t keep a video buffer.

1 Like